Connecticut
Options

first look at a vineyard?

So, FI and I are getting married in Derby, CT.  neither of us are too familiar with that area, and can't really come up with a good first look location (cannot be at our venue b/c there is a wedding before ours).  We really wanted to do our engagement photos at a vineyard (there are 2 in our town), but the day of our ephotos was a day the vineyards were closed. 

Would it be nuts to try and do our first look at a vineyard?  I mean, assuming it's not raining, our wedding is on a saturday in June, so any outdoor location is bound to be crowded.  I'm just wondering if the vineyard is a good idea, or if we should try to come up with a place that might not be as crowded........

Re: first look at a vineyard?

• Options
    I think the first look at the vineyard sounds lovely. Part of the fun of going to my first look was all the normal people walking around, stopping to congratulate me / us and wish us well, some even taking pictures (but I think that was the horse drawn carriage)!  Definitely contact the venue and see if you can get an area roped off so there's no one else in your pictures, though.
  • Options
    I don't think that's crazy but I am from one town over from Derby.... what vineyard are you going to use? The only one kind of close is Jones' in Shelton? I'm not too sure they have the rows of grapes kind of thing, unless that's not what you're looking for.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2013 brides December 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaids Dress
  • Options
    If we go with the vineyard, there are two that are very close to our getting ready locations (Paradise Hills or Gouveia Vineyards).  Gouveia defintely has better views and scenery, but the architecture of the building at Paradise Hills is absolutely beautiful. 
  • Options
    I don't think its crazy. Did you ask your photographer? 
  • Options
    Not yet Marci.  I know they have done engagement photos at gouveia........
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards