Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Contacting A Photographer

How early is too early to contact a photographer for engagement photos?? My fiance and I would like to have them done this October but I'm not sure of how quickly photographers get booked or how early they need to set up sessions. If anyone could help me determine when to get in touch with the photographer for the session, that would be great!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Contacting A Photographer

• Options
    My personal feeling on photographers is that it is never too early to start looking. Some of them book up quickly, so I see no reason not to go ahead and set up your future session. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Ditto what Addie said! Also would this be your possible wedding photog too? Some photogs will do a package that includes engagement photos.

Just something to consider. :)
  • Options
    If you want amazing pictures you can start looking around now. My photographer books up to two years in advance. And yes, check to see if they do packages that include engagement sessions. I just did mine on Thursday and they went amazing!
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    I'd get a photographer asap. We got engaged in late November and I got our photographer two days later -- she was already booked for two of the four weekends she's working in October.

• Options
    I would also agree to start looking. Our photgrapher was booked for almost 2 years. If we had waited then we would not have had her and she was perfect for us and our wedding. Start looking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards