Rhode Island
Options

Vineyard Venue?

Hi! I am recently engaged and we are trying to find a venue.  I really like the look of some of the vineyards I have seen.  I like a more rustic look but still elegant.  I really like Salt Water Vineyard in Stonington CT (We live in RI but some parts of CT for the wedding are ok) Has anyone been to a wedding there or have had their wedding there? Also I was thinking Theater By The Sea, any thoughts on that? We don't want a hall or hotel, more outdoorsy and different. I feel a little all over the place,  could definitly use some help!!! Thank you!

Re: Vineyard Venue?

• Options
    Congratulations!

Saltwater Farms was at the top of our list, it is a unique and beautiful venue.  We did not end up booking there for two reasons:  budget (with bringing in all your own vendors, they have certain ones for catering you must use, and the rental fee was around $7,500, including nothing, at that time I was afraid we would blow any budget we had) and size (our guest list was around 200/225 and anything over 150 in my opinion is tight). 

Theater by the Sea could be interesting, I don't know enough to say whether it would work well.  There is Jonathan Edward's Winery also in CT which may be another option for you but I believe it is only tented (not sure if that is a problem).  Not sure about any of the vineyards in the Newport area but there are a few which may be options.  Really rustic would be Alton Jones in Exeter.  Kinney Bungalow in Narragansett also has a rustic vibe and is beautiful.

I found it helpful to browse wedding photographer websites for location ideas too, I could get a better vision than from the venue websites.  I'm sure the other girls will have some ideas, good luck!
  • Options
    caragaocaragao member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited April 2013
    I originally was interested in a vineyard venue myself but I'm getting married at the Five Bridge Inn in Rehoboth, MA. (near East Providence and Seekonk area)  Its a bed and breakfast with a beautiful tent. Feels like you are in NH as soon as you turn off the road! Good luck!
    http://www.fivebridgeinn.com/
  • Options
    I love the idea of Theater by the Sea. They do host events there, normally under a big tent. However, you just have to be wary of scheduling during their season, because obviously they give priority to the shows going on. If you're looking for a Saturday night in the Summer, it's probably not going to work there :( But I think it's definitely worth giving them a call and talking over options! Best of luck!
  • Options
    Thank you all so much!! Checking everything out!!
  • Options
    We are getting married at Mout Hope Farm in Bristol
  • Options
    We're getting married at The Towers.  I second the poster who recommended looking at photographers' websites to see venues.  I found that the most helpful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_vineyard-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:d27aed10-f326-46c9-93f3-ea5a8e84ce89Post:016dd859-7ad5-45f3-b182-d44b9210bea1">Re: Vineyard Venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're getting married at The Towers.  I second the poster who recommended looking at photographers' websites to see venues.  I found that the most helpful!
    Posted by McRogol[/QUOTE]

Interestingly, I found the opposite to be true.  After I booked my venue I googled for wedding photos of that venue and ended up finding my photographer that way.  My intent was to get some ideas for decorations, but it really showed me a variety of local photographers and their skills.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards