Massachusetts-Boston

Alterations: Boston/Cambridge

Can anyone please suggest a seamstress in the Boston, Cambridge, MA area for detailed and careful wedding dress alterations? I'd rather pay more and be sure I am getting excellent quality. Someone who is detailed and knows style! (The top of my dress is too large, in the bust area, but it's not as simple as taking it in the back of the dress.)

Thaaaank you!

Re: Alterations: Boston/Cambridge

• arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    I had a bridesmaid dress altered (the dress I liked was out of stock and the only one left was four sizes too big). I went to Best Fit Tailoring on Newbury St. While they were a little pricey, they did a great job with the dress. They are two Russian ladies who are very straight to the point (and maybe a little rude) but they did a great job. I was referred there by two different friends.

ETA-If you go, wear a good bra!
  • HI
    Yes, mine is too big a size, too. Do you think they could rebuilt a corsetted-style top? And then reattached it to the bottom of the dress? Did they seem to have a good sense and understading of style? I'm just so nervous about having it fit correctly. I think an amazing seamstress could do a gret job. I just need to fint that person. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards