Wedding Invitations & Paper

Please proofread my invitations and inserts

I'm getting ready to order my invitations, and I just want to be sure everything looks okay beforehand.  Thanks in advance!

Invitation
Together with their families
Bride First Middle Last
and
Groom First Middle Last
request the pleasure of your company
as they unite in marriage
Friday, the sixth of September
Two thousand and thirteen
at seven o'clock in the evening
Venue Name
City, State
Reception to follow

RSVP
Kindly reply by the twenty-third of August
M____________________
___Number Attending
___Unable to Attend

Extra Insert
We have reserved a block of rooms at Hotel Name
in City, State for a rate of $100/night.
Call phone number and mention the
Bride-Groom wedding to book a room.
Reservations must be made by August 6th.

Please visit weddingwebsite 
for more information including directions, alternate 
hotel options, and guest shuttle information from
Hotel Name to Venue Name.

Re: Please proofread my invitations and inserts

• Looks good to me.  The only thing I would change is say "Please make reservations by August 6th" rather than "Reservations must be made by August 6th".  It just sounds a little less demanding.  

Also, I have more often seen "as they are united in marriage" rather than "as they unite in marriage" but there is nothing wrong with the way that you have it.
  • I think the "and" in the year is unnecessary. It should be two thousand thirteen.  

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_please-proofread-my-invitations-and-inserts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:c08bce16-aabd-42cb-9cb8-045abb4d9989Post:b4c91c6b-69ac-4349-a46a-d0b771ab2d9c">Re: Please proofread my invitations and inserts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the "and" in the year is unnecessary. It should be two thousand thirteen.  
    Posted by Rachaellennon[/QUOTE]

<div>This is pretty much a constant debate on this board.  I, too, prefer it without the "and".</div>
  • Oh damn. I have missed the debate about "and" in the year. Didn't realize I was hitting a nerve so early. IMO, invitations should be succinct, which is why I thought "and" should be omitted. In reality, its three characters, so probably no big deal.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards