Students
Options

NWR: LSATs

So, I am taking my LSATs in June of this year. I do not really have the money to spend on a prep course but, I'm afraid if I do not take one it'll make my score suffer. My GPA was on the lower end ( 3.43) when I graduated so I definitely need a high LSAT score to get into a good school.

Any advice?

I bought some software and have been attempting to study on my own.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: NWR: LSATs

• Options
    I can't speak to the LSAT, but when I was studying for the GRE I used a Kaplan test book (that came with practice test) and found that it increased my score significantly the second time I took it. So, I'd recommend a really good book - they're usually cheap on Amazon, and the reviews will tell you how it is. 

Also I used to proctor for The Princeton Review, and we occasionally offered free prep courses and practice exams. If you live in a metropolitan area I would definitely check out TPR or Kaplan's websites or call them to see what's happening or if there is a lower rate that they could offer you.

Good luck!
  • Options
    I actually hadn't thought of seeing if they can offer a lower rate. I was recommended a certain prep course by someone but, it's about $400 more than the other ones I've found. I need to do more research to find cheaper ones.

Thanks for your advice!

• Options
    I don't have any advice but I just wanted to wish you good luck!  
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Thank you! I'm pretty nervous :

• Options
    Look online and see if someone is selling a used set from last year.  I took the 
    LSAT four years ago (graduating from law school in May), and I would have been totally clueless without the prep books.  I don't think the material changes too much from year to year, but I haven't really kept up with the latest LSAT news either.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't taken the LSAT, but when I was studying for the GRE, I just took out a few different prep books from the library. Barron's was good, as was the Princeton Review.
  • Options
    FI is probably the exception to the rule, but he studied on his own just reading through LSAT books for 3 weeks, and he got a 173. I think the most important thing he did was take actual timed practice tests. His mom or friends would come over during the day and act as a proctor (this was when I was living 3000 miles away). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Do you want the unfiltered response to this question?  Because I kind of figure if you did you'd be on TLS rather than TK, but maybe you haven't found those forums yet?  Anyway, if you want unvarnished thoughts, let me know.  If not, I'll leave it at an honest best wishes.  :)
  • Options
    I only used the books, structure your time wisely, take practice tests, most people I know who did take the course said it was a waste. 

Now, I definitely agree with the sentiment expressed above.  I'll be happy to chat with you about law school life... :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards