September 2013 Weddings
Options

What are you looking forward to most?

I know we're all most looking forward to being married ladies and spending the rest of our lives with the men of our dreams.  And the honeymoon.  Let's not forget about that!

But other than that, what are you most excited for about the actual wedding?

I have a ton of stuff that I'm looking forward to.  I can't wait to slip on my dress and to feel like a princess (a dream of mine).  I can't wait for FI's face as I walk down the aisle. But I think most of all I can't wait for the reception.  Specifically dancing with FI with all of our friends and family around us.

Re: What are you looking forward to most?

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Aww BostonGirl that was well put. I also can't wait to 'slip on my dress and feel like a princess' I can't wait to see his face as I walk down the aisle, but I also can't wait to see everyone's faces there in one place who I love. 

What am I most excited for? Hmmm...I think maybe walking down the aisle is it for me. And I'm so excited to talk to everyone at the reception. And say our vows. We're wrtiting our own (his idea) and I'm pretty excited to hear what he has written. And to be The Bride is a pretty cool mind-blowing concept! I'm going to be a bride! Crazy! lol

Yay for Sept 21st! :)
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • Options
    Oh and here's another thing.  We're having our reception on a boat.  So we have to enter the boat in the middle of a very crowded Boston dock.  And apparently there's a whale watch at the same time we're leaving.  I've been told to expect EVERYONE to stop and stare.  I'm sort of excited for that hehe.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_what-are-you-looking-forward-to-most?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:25955d36-5127-4209-bde2-8f808b45042bPost:63c524a1-f0d6-40ba-895d-5a635a56c294">Re: What are you looking forward to most?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and here's another thing.  We're having our reception on a boat.  So we have to enter the boat in the middle of a very crowded Boston dock.  And apparently there's a whale watch at the same time we're leaving.  I've been told to expect EVERYONE to stop and stare.  I'm sort of excited for that hehe.
    Posted by BostonGIrl4732[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That's awesome!! lol

</div>
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • Options
    I also can't wait to slip on my dress and to feel like a princess too. I can't wait to see my  FI's face as I walk down the aisle.  

I just can't wait to be there with my friends and family!! To get married to my best friend and to actually move into our future house after our honeymoon!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_what-are-you-looking-forward-to-most?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:25955d36-5127-4209-bde2-8f808b45042bPost:63c524a1-f0d6-40ba-895d-5a635a56c294">Re: What are you looking forward to most?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and here's another thing.  We're having our reception on a boat.  So we have to enter the boat in the middle of a very crowded Boston dock.  And apparently there's a whale watch at the same time we're leaving.  I've been told to expect EVERYONE to stop and stare.  I'm sort of excited for that hehe.
    Posted by BostonGIrl4732[/QUOTE]

Haha wow now that's definitely something to look forward too! I'm looking forward to seeing the FI's face when I walk up since he's not a really emotional guy, I'm hoping he'll break down lol The next is to dance with my father. He said his only wish in his lifetime would be to walk one of his daughters down the aisle and I know I'm going to cry like a baby when that happens!! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Obviously the dress and saying vows with my fiance.  But some of the other things that I'm looking forward to:

1.  Seeing my Granni's face when she sees how beautiful I look.  (My Granni & Papa basically helped raise me and she took over as mother figure when my mom passed away).

2.  Seeing the tears in my Dad's eyes. 

3.  Thanking my Stepmom for the amazing job she has done in helping me while not stepping on my toes with my mom being deceased.  This acknowledgement is super important to me and come from my heart.  She won't suspect a thing. 

4.  That moment at the end of the night when we're alone, the wedding is over, and we can really soak it what just happened and cry happy tears of joy for it being over and that we're just married.  :-)
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to having a moment like this:

Shoes off.  Laid out.  And being totally and completely exhausted and enthralled at the same time.  

And being completely honest, I'm looking forward to cake.  Simply put, I live for lemon curd.
    *** September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration ***
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to seeing my finance's face when I walk down the ailse. Spending time with friends and family. And our first solo moment alone as a married couple :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    All of it.  Everything you all said including our own lemon curd cake ils2004!  I am looking forward to soaking up the entire day with family and friends from all over the world and then..when it's all over...looking in my new husband's eyes, smiling and just holding each other in a blissful private moment in our hotel suite, hearing him call me by his last name using the prefix Mrs. and referring to me as his wife and me calling him my husband
  • Options
    This might sound silly, but I can't wait to take his last name. It's not anything fancy, but I have more than a little bit family drama going on. (Don't weddings just bring out the best in the crazy people we all happen to be related to?) 

To be blunt, I don't want to be part of a family that doesn't want support, accept or want me around.  The only time they want to include me as part of the family is when I disagree with their view points, and they want to try to force me to deny my beliefs. Just to give you an idea,  I am the black sheep of my family because I am a conservative and very active Christian in a family of former non practicing Catholics. My younger siblings have been arrested, caught doing drugs by my parents, and a few other things, but I am the one with "issues" because I choose to follow God, and because I don't rely on them for anything.    

Once I have his last name as my own, my name won't remind me of the verbal abuse I grew up with. It will remind me of the day I chose to stand up for myself, and stopped letting them have any say in my life.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm looing forward to seeing my vision for the day- flowers, anchors and rope!  I want to see FI's face as I walk down the aisle.  And I'm so excited to dance the night away with all our friends and family.  When my dad and I dance I want everyone to cry.  Getting married has made me an emotional wreck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_what-are-you-looking-forward-to-most?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:25955d36-5127-4209-bde2-8f808b45042bPost:a7e59210-f730-4f29-8da8-0eaca16823d1">Re: What are you looking forward to most?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This might sound silly, but I can't wait to take his last name. It's not anything fancy, but I have more than a little bit family drama going on. (Don't weddings just bring out the best in the crazy people we all happen to be related to?)  To be blunt, I don't want to be part of a family that doesn't want support, accept or want me around.  The only time they want to include me as part of the family is when I disagree with their view points, and they want to try to force me to deny my beliefs. Just to give you an idea,  I am the black sheep of my family because I am a conservative and very active Christian in a family of former non practicing Catholics. My younger siblings have been arrested, caught doing drugs by my parents, and a few other things, but I am the one with "issues" because I choose to follow God, and because I don't rely on them for anything.     Once I have his last name as my own, my name won't remind me of the verbal abuse I grew up with. It will remind me of the day I chose to stand up for myself, and stopped letting them have any say in my life.  
    Posted by lyndsay782[/QUOTE]

Wow. I'm so sorry but happy you'll be happier
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_what-are-you-looking-forward-to-most?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:25955d36-5127-4209-bde2-8f808b45042bPost:79886c99-8fbd-43a0-bc8f-094f5b998b92">Re: What are you looking forward to most?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you looking forward to most? : Wow. I'm so sorry but happy you'll be happier
    Posted by FUTUREMSWITHERSPOON[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thank you.  I know that I will, but it still stings.  

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am looking forward to all the girly stuff me and my girls get to do at the salon to get ready. Deep down inside I am a girly girl, but I never have money to pamper myself and get the salon treatment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards