Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

The Pros Photography, reviews?

I'm thinking about booking The Pros to photograph my wedding, but I've read mixed reviews.  The price is right and they were even a Knot pick 2008 & 2009, but the bad reviews have me reluctant to use them. The pictures are one of the most important things to me.  Can anyone provide a review?  Thanks!

Re: The Pros Photography, reviews?

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked on Project Wedding?  They usually have a lot of reviews on there.  It might help you in your decision.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    woodfrogswoodfrogs member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Check out WeddingWire.com, nice website with reviews by customers. Search by your area and find someone who'll cover your day the way you want it done.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been using the knot for a long time and have never seen a positive review of The Pros.  I would definitely saw BEWARE and try finding another photographer who fits your price point but is more highly recommended.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was told to run fast!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used the Pros.  DO NOT USE THEM!  They are awful.  Below are some reasons why:

-Setting up the suggested meeting with the Videographers and Photographers is impossible.  The company seems to not believe in appointments.  Basically, you have to be available whenever they decide to call.

-The Videographers/Photographers don't even work half of the time.  We had two Videographers (17 hours of work time) and we only got 5 hours of raw footage from them.  I edit videos on teh side so I requested the raw footage rather than an edited version.

-The photographer missed a ton of important things.  At the end of the day, we got 400 pics (a few were great. the rest were blah.)  I think that the average number of pics is usually about 800.

-The Management is awful!  Management is rude and doesn't try to resolve anything unless you are prepared to get really nasty.  Even then, the resolution  isn't worth it.

-In short, everone at the Pros is amazing and nice before they have your money.  After is a different story.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Concerning the Pros.  Given the chance to do it over, I would NOT use the Pros.  While photos turned out nice - nothing SPECIAL.  Quality of books ok, but not outstanding.  VERY limited photo placement on the page. 
    WORSE thing - 18 pictures of empty room - ONE, yes, ONE of the bride's Mother's family after the service.  ONE of newlyweds with bride's parents and ONE of bride's Grandmother with newlyweds!!!  Grooms family - and they are great people and not their fault - FIVE of couple with groom's Grandmother; Three with groom's parents; 4 additional groom's parents and Grandmother and FIVE of groom's family.  Who paid for this? Yes, the bride's parents, but not even pictures to select from - had NO choice. And we paid for TWO photographers!!!!
    How disappointing!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards