Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Confused about cake/dessert for reception

My fiance really wanted cheesecake at our wedding so the original plan was to do a small traditional wedding cake and cheesecake in place of a groomscake. But, while at a bridal fair we came across the idea that Cold Stone Creamy will cater. Now I'm confused about what to do. My fiance says he likes the idea of cheesecake just as much as Cold Stone. I think having a wedding cake, cheesecake AND coldstone is too much. What are your ideas? If you elected not to have a traditional cake (except for cutting) and opted for a dessert bar or something similar what did you think of it? Any thoughts are much appreciated!!

Re: Confused about cake/dessert for reception

• Options
    My friend did an ice cream cake for her wedding. Without a doubt it was the biggest headache ever, she said. The club told her she was the first and last ever to have an ice cream wedding cake there. Cheesecake can sit out for quite awhile before you have a problem. Not so with ice cream.
  • Options
    Something to keep in mind: if you have a cake cutting, your guests will likely expect cake, so I would be sure to have traditional cake to serve.  You don't have to get an elaborate, multi-tier cake, it's fine to have sheet cakes.  

I had no cake cutting and a dessert bar.  We had two cakes (chocolate and vanilla w/lemon curd), blueberry crisp w/ice cream, sorbet, fondue, and chocolate cookies with milk shooters.  We were very happy that we went with the dessert buffet.  

I've heard that Cold Stone is expensive.  Have you priced it out?
  • Options
    I actually don't like cake, and my fiance prefers cheese cake, so we decided on tiramisu and cheese cake. I'm still planning the wedding, but we will not have any kind of cake. We don't really care for it, so why spend the money? May as well get desserts we like!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_confused-about-cakedessert-for-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:91f6c8d4-8d2b-4424-9aab-6e66c96b26fbPost:5b125cd1-3130-4b8e-ae7c-b0668aeec50a">Re: Confused about cake/dessert for reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]We didn't have cake.  <strong>We had pecan cobbler.</strong>
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

Yum!  Recipe?  Pretty please?  (j/k, but I love pecans!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards