Connecticut
Options

streatch hummer limo illegal plus church issue

so i hear that  the streatrch hummer is illegal in ct is that true? i have a huge party 7bm 7gm 1 fg 1 rb plus me and fi. i need something to fit all of us from church to photos to reception and i am finding that the party buses are super expensive.. 

my other isues also ties into the limo situation. my fi is catholic i am christian orthodox but baptiszed catholic. he wants it at is church our wedding is a saturday and the latest they can do a ceremony is 130 in the catholic church i figure about 230 its done then another half hour for the reception line greating everyone... at my church we have no restrictions on time we have only sunday services  our venue is at 7 and thats the earliest we can have the place for the reception.. if we did a catholic service at 130 ended at 230- with reception line over around 3-315 then pictures 20 minutes away maybe 430 pictures get done that still is a huge gap in time until the reception 

one we would have to have the limo for a longer period of time extra money... 
our guest would be waiting 4 hours until the reception and some of them are coming from out of state so they would have to travel back to the hotel and in town guests back to there house or someplace to wait 

plus the phtographer still have not found one but we would have her for 8 hours including reception. my thinking is have her come for my geting ready pictures at the church then photos after at hubbard park then have her go home and then come back for reception like a split time do photographers do split days times 

it kind of sounds werid but i am not even sure a photographer would do that.. what if they decided not to come back those are my fears 

my church is looking more and more like the better option but he wont budge and i cant think of anything else that would work 

Re: streatch hummer limo illegal plus church issue

• Options

I'm not sure about the limo, but you might want to consider Friday night. We are Catholic and we chose Friday night because we could choose when to have the ceremony. We are doing 4 for the ceremony and 6 for the reception.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We already booked venue for the sat so Friday would not work for us
  • Options
    If your FI wants to continue being an active Catholic, it's really important that you two get married within the Catholic church. If you do not, the church will not recognize your marriage and you will be out of favor with the church. You and your FI will not be allowed to take communion. For that reason, I think it's really important that you have a conversation about your faith and your FI's faith, and reach a decision about where to have your ceremony. 

With that said, many people find gaps annoying or even rude for your guests. If you've already signed a contract with your reception location and you decide the Catholic ceremony is important, then there's only so much you can do. If possible, you should look into finding a place to host your guests for a sort of extended cocktail hour for as long as you can afford between the ceremony and reception. This could be a VFW hall with games, a restaurant, invite them all to see a movie, etc. 

As for the stretch hummer, I googled "Stretch hummer in connecticut" and a whole bunch of listings came up, so I don't believe that they are banned. Have you considered having bridal party members drive their own vehicles? It's much cheaper than trying to rent a vehicle big enough for everyone.
  • Options
    Also, check out Studio1923 for your photographer! Jerome is awesome, as are his lovely assistants. Plus, he doesn't book by the hour, and he stays for your whole wedding.
  • Options
    i am on a shoestring budget and dont want to spend more than 1500 on a photographer i know that can be done but only found a few in my budget but those charge you extra if you go over the time alocated 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_streatch-hummer-limo-illegal-plus-church-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:f0ab5636-36c5-4c3d-973f-72fd88b4e17cPost:89366634-46de-476d-a178-5606c827a16e">Re: streatch hummer limo illegal plus church issue</a>:
    [QUOTE]i am on a shoestring budget and dont want to spend more than 1500 on a photographer i know that can be done but only found a few in my budget but those charge you extra if you go over the time alocated 
    Posted by hyechica81[/QUOTE]

I am using Todd Della Bella from Della Bella Photography in Wilcott. His work is awesome - look it up. I am also on a tight budget and am going with a "Shoot and Burn" package. Todd will stay with us from getting ready through the end of the night and instead of printing all of the pictures for us and making an album, he'll give us a CD with all of the pictures from the day for us to print ourselves and make an album when were ready - AFTER the wedding when we have the money to do it! He's doing this for about half of your 1,500 budget. We're on a Thursday night so I know we're getting a great deal, but I'm sure the price is very good for a weekend wedding as well.

Good luck!

And I'll be watching this thread to see what anyone says about your transportation question. I also have a HUGE wedding party and would like us to all ride together for first look pictures and then to the venue.
  • Options
    If you can't do the hummer, what about a party bus?   My BIL and SIL did one for their wedding and it was very comfortable.   Plus, it's a vehicle designed for what it does so it wasn't choppy or riding like a truck which is what you get in a Hummer or other truck-based limos.

Regarding the church where you two marry, you two need to make that choice.    The faith in which you marry is a big choice in your lives and it shapes the life you two build together as a couple.   I'd also recommend talking to pastors as they may have recommendations for you.

Whatever you choose, make it the option with no gap or make sure you host something in between the ceremony ending and the reception beginning. 
  • Options
    You're correct, the stretch hummer limos are not legal in Connecticut. They have to originate from out of state. Honestly, if you're on that tight of a budget i would skip transportation and put that money toward something else. Limos are hundreds of dollars for just a few minutes of driving around.
  • Options
    Amanda1443994Amanda1443994 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Yes, they are illegal for a CT company to own one. However, you can def. get one from out of state. We got a stretch Hummer limo for my birthday last year that seated 21 people. It came from NY and the price wasn't really all that outrageous (I thought) for what we we were doing. I believe it was $1200 for a 'night on the town' which was 6 hours.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    My best friend and her husband had about a couple of hour gap between their wedding and the reception.  I was in the bridal party, so we were mostly busy with pictures.  All of the guests were either local or had family in the area, so many people went home to freshen up before round two of the evening.
  • Options
    Check out Alyse Nicole photography. I have already worked with them for our engagement shoot. They are within your budget, have no hourly limits, and are great to work with.
    Rose
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards