Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

down the aisle

So, I'm having a super small wedding, just the parents, grandparents and siblings and it's on the beach. so now that you have the setting here's my problem, I'm riding a boat to the ceremony with my father, and thusly we are the only ones walking down the aisle, I've been stressing over what song to walk down the aisle to because I dont want to start crying and since it's a relatively casual wedding I want a song that has a lot of meaning to me. It hit me this morning, Next to me by Emelie Sande, because I'm walking with my father and to my future husband but it's a pretty upbeat song and I'm not sure if that makes it difficult to walk to, also I'm not sure what kind of musician I will have at the ceremony, is it bad to just have them play along with a recording? I mean if they can sing that would be amazing but at this point i dont know if I'll be able to find a singer as I'm getting married on a very small island

Thanks!

Re: down the aisle

• jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    If you are having an instrumentalist, ask him/her to learn the song.  Don't ask them to play along to a recording.  Maybe look for a singer/guitarist who can play and sing the song simultaneously.  Check gigmasters.com for musicians in the area where you are getting married.

Alternatively just have recorded music for your ceremony, then you can have the specific version of the song you like.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards