Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

STD's not necessary?

I am having trouble deciding weather or not STDs are necessary for my wedding.  It's 8 months away and it's not a destination wedding.  We've discussed the date wth all of our VIPs.  I feel kind of silly mailing everyone STDs with only 8 months to go.   Or, would evite Save the Dates suffice?  It is a casual church wedding and reception.

Re: STD's not necessary?

• Options
    Not necessary. And if you haven't sent them out with 8 months to go, I really don't think there's any point for you to do them now. Even for non-destination weddings, people usually send them out 9-12 months in advance. Don't do an e-STD either. Just wait to send the actual invitations.
  • Options
    Oh and also I will say that we didn't do STDs at all, and about a third of our guests were travelling overseas. It was fine. We just let them know over the phone as soon as we had set the date.
  • Options
    STDs are always optional, and unless your wedding is a destination wedding or on a holiday weekend, I would not do them.  I also think the e-vite option is unneccessary.  Some brides worry that if they don't send STDs, they will have a higher decline rate.  We did not send STDs, and we still had over 75 percent of invited guests attend.  
  • Options

Thank you both.  I'm going to nix the STD's; but I will miss being able to use the funniest acronym ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards