New Jersey
Options

Hair & Make Up for Northern New Jersey

Hello!  I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some hair and make up artists in the Northern New Jersey area.  I've found a few, but the averages for trials range about $200 and day of for almost $400.  Just wanted to know if that was the norm or if anyone can recommend someone more budget friendly that they know and trust?  Thanks so much!

Re: Hair & Make Up for Northern New Jersey

• Options
    Just visiting from the NY board but thought I would metion my MUA - Tricia Catenaro, http://www.tenhairandmakeup.com/Home_Page.html

She's actually based in NJ and is very reasonably priced.  She did my makeup for my wedding, for my friend's wedding, and my hair and makeup for my daugther's christening.  I love her!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_hair-make-up-for-northern-new-jersey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0c12ed98-11c9-45b7-942f-0a7eb6d3ef6dPost:0e3ec6b0-c306-417a-a079-72a09223ff7b">Hair & Make Up for Northern New Jersey</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello!  I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some hair and make up artists in the Northern New Jersey area.  I've found a few, but the averages for trials range about $200 and day of for almost $400.  Just wanted to know if that was the norm or if anyone can recommend someone more budget friendly that they know and trust?  Thanks so much!
    Posted by valeriehom[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I looked up the top vendors here on the knot and looked at the ones with a lot of reviews. I emailed Melissa D'Aloia & Co and also Gianna Giacona. They both sent me their rates and trials weren't too bad. They range from $85-$100. Check them out! Also I've asked a lot of people on facebook and have had so many different answers.</div>
  • Options
    HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    Are you willing to go to a salon?  I found similar pricing for onsite hair and makeup but only paid $120 for both at a local salon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am having Pink comb do my hair and make up along with my girls, they are coming to me. My trial is 180 and i think the day of its listed as 225. I thought they were relatively high but from what I understand thats the going rate for people to come to you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My Cinderella's Dream! I just used them for my wedding on Saturday and they were great. I did a ton of research and they seemed to be the most reasonably priced of the people I contacted.
    Valerie512
  • Options
    I am using Dona Massa and have used her a million times. I love her. Also I love Jillyan Scarpa and she is doing make up the day of my fiance's sister's wedding. I have used I do Hair and Make up once, I am going to be getting my hair done by Salon Alchemy for my soon to be sister and laws wedding. and I believe I am going to be using Jeana Luciano Rivas she works at Guy Anthony Salon. Her prices were most reasonable.
  • Options
    Jeanine LaMacchia for hair and Gina Brozon for makeup. Both are very skilled, super nice and reasonable in price. 
  • Options
    I'm using Pink Comb salon too. They seemed to be about the same as a few other places I looked into and they are coming to me as well. They seemed to have gotten good reviews. Also, working with Michelle, the owner, has been great so far. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards