November 2013 Weddings

Honeymoon updates?

So does anyone have a narrowed down idea on a honeymoon location?  (I saw there was a thread from a few weeks back and figured it wouldn't hurt to start a newer post.)

I just want a beach that's an AI. Put simply, I don't want to think on vacation.  FI feels the same way.  We were tossing around Jamaica, but I've always been a bit meh about it.  I'm a Mexico gal all the way and have traveled there quite a few times.  FI was deadset on NOT going to Mexico, though, because...well...he's stubborn and had a lame excuse.  Finally, he's come around after he saw the affordability and quality that's out there.  So that's a good thing!  I've started to narrow a focus on Riviera Maya/Play del Carmen.  Woohoo!

Re: Honeymoon updates?

• The fiance and I chose Orlando, FL. His parents are letting us use a week from their timeshare and we got a great resort! Now we are just waiting for airline prices to go down a little before purchasing our tickets.
  • peppy22vballpeppy22vball member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Alk, we are thinking of riviera maya too! I just want to be able to relax and not do too much and just enjoy each others company.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sarahdactyIsarahdactyI member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    An AI is really tempting but we really want to Hawaii :) It'll be our "last hurrah" in terms of vacation for awhile, and we have both never been. Really excited to plan it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• We wanted an AI too so we just booked our honeymoon in Antigua!
  • We haven't decided yet. Our original plan was to go back to the USVI where we got engaged but we've also thought about trying to find an AI since they are easier. I just want a warm place with good food!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Depends on budget. My fiance recently started a higher paying job, so we might be able to afford a different honeymoon than originally planned. Our original plan is to drive to Orlando and spend a week at the universal studios theme parks, especially Harry Potter World huge HP fans. If we could afford it, our dream honeymoon is a trip to England, visiting London as well as places where our ancestors came from. There's one little village that my fiance's ancestors helped build that we really want to visit.
    Anniversary
  • It's cool to hear about some of you tossing up a more diverse honeymoon destination (Iceland, England).  To me, it's always been beach or bust!

I feel like FI & I need to book this soon.  When are you all looking to get it set in stone? 

Honestly, though, I don't mind doing the online research.  Much better than this cold, grey, snowy rain that I'm seeing outside my office window!  For the time being, maybe I should bump up my little heater, shut the door and pretend like I'm somewhere tropical.
  • Great beach locations that arent Mexico:

Roatan, Guatamala-- beautiful beaches; cheap
    Belize--great snorkeling; beach town; awesome fishing etc. 
    Costa Rica (flight into Liberia); jungle with the beach... rains in the afternoon but that is sort of charming about the place; it is always sunny during the day. GREAT surfing

Mexico:
    Playa del Carmen
    Baja

We are going to Amsterdam and Paris. I travel a large amount for work internationally... and I have only landed in the AMS airport; never been in the city. Paris, well, you dont have to pull my arm about going there. We also intend to stop in Brussels for the day when coming back from Paris to Amsterdam. All of our accomodatioins are through VBRO, but they are places that have been recommended through friends etc. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_honeymoon-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:c3877a59-a842-4daf-a027-0e471fb0feb6Post:5d4980b1-3a07-48e4-b3e5-6c9517cbc3ce">Re:Honeymoon updates?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Honeymoon updates? : Rachel, we had similar plans! If money wasn't an issue, my dream was to go to Italy and see where my family came from... I also wanted to head to Orlando and see all of the theme parks, but my fiance wasn't too excited on going for our honeymoon :(. I hope that you get to head to England (but HP world sounds like it'd be so much fun); it seems like it'd be a great experience!
    Posted by smp87[/QUOTE]

<div>Totally! I think either way we'll be happy.  HP or our ancestors.  Both way cool in their own unique way.</div>
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_honeymoon-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:c3877a59-a842-4daf-a027-0e471fb0feb6Post:28daa0b3-ba96-45ca-8b5f-dccaf60b8e26">Re: Honeymoon updates?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Great beach locations that arent Mexico: Roatan, Guatamala-- beautiful beaches; cheap Belize--great snorkeling; beach town; awesome fishing etc.  Costa Rica (flight into Liberia); jungle with the beach... rains in the afternoon but that is sort of charming about the place; it is always sunny during the day. GREAT surfing Mexico: Playa del Carmen Baja We are going to Amsterdam and Paris. I travel a large amount for work internationally... and I have only landed in the AMS airport; never been in the city. Paris, well, you dont have to pull my arm about going there. We also intend to stop in Brussels for the day when coming back from Paris to Amsterdam. All of our accomodatioins are through VBRO, but they are places that have been recommended through friends etc. 
    Posted by dkleinen[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, I've been to Guatemala.  I would totally go there for my honeymood if I could afford it.  The beaches there are beautiful!  Some beaches on the Pacific coast have black sand formed from volcanic ash. Super neat.  You totally would not regret going there.  Theorectically, you could go to a variety of beaches, one or more on each coast.  The country is small enough that you can drive across it in a day.</div>
    Anniversary
  • Since we are now in the process of buying a home, we have decided to no go on a honeymoon.  We will take a few days by ourselves at the house after the wedding.  My parents will be keeping my son that weekend and his son will probably be in the Navy by then, so a weekend alone at the house will be perfect for us.
    TJ
  • We are booking ours soon through Costco travel.... amazing deals ladies and I highly recommend you check them out!

We're going to Oahu, HI for a week through them.  First class round trip, beachfront premium room at turtle bay, rental car, all meals, catameran dinner cruise and luau, for around $5k

We're very excited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • This is one of the things about the wedding that FI is in charge of! We are planning on going somewhere neither of us have been and we're planning on going somewhere in January, a few months after the wedding.
  • I am getting married in Nov 2013. We have been tossing Paris London around lately but I keep reading about less than ideal weather. We don't mind wearing coats but is it really that bad? Has anyone been there during the off season?
    Rose
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards