New York-Hudson Valley

Affordable Photographers in the Hudson Valley?

My fiance and I have been on the hunt for photographers. We've been looking for someone that we're going to be comfortable with, who does good work and that is AFFORDABLE. I've seen some quotes and some of them are almost $4,000, which is simply not in our budget. We're not getting married until November so we have some time but I really want to get the ball rolling.

Also, do most photographers have payment plans? Where you can make a deposit and then make payments until the wedding day? I think we can do a larger budget if that's the case.

Re: Affordable Photographers in the Hudson Valley?

• One of the photograhpers I looked at was Kerri Lynne Photography. Her work is beautiful and if I remember correctly her packages start at $1800.

As far as payment plans go, I would recommend just asking each photographer. They want your business and I'm sure they would be more than willing to work with you.
  • We used Majestic Studios and paid about half that (or a bit more).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I used Nick Carter and he was great! You only pay a deposit and then a balance. He also has a lot of different options and we only paid 1200 or so because we just went with getting copyrights and a digital copy of all the pictures. Highly recommend him!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I used Weefan photography our total pacakge included: 2 photographers and we booked earlier so we got the owners Wendy and Charlie who are great, but so our their other photographers, Full Day photography/unlimited shots, editing and retouching of photos, web gallery with printing capabilities for guests, hi res DVD of all the photos with printing rights, an engagement session, at a place of our choice, 10x10 flush mount album, 125 wallets, and 4x6 print of every photo.

The total for our package was $2300.

They have small packages, but after looking at my other options they were the best!  And the engagement photos came out BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't wait till the wedding day.

Look at their website http://weefanphotography.smugmug.com or if you want to see my engagement photos I will show you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_affordable-photographers-in-the-hudson-valley?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:301ef3a1-0667-447a-9824-8e0d82af4a12Post:839797bf-29cc-4c23-bcc0-406b3fa31497">Affordable Photographers in the Hudson Valley?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I have been on the hunt for photographers. We've been looking for someone that we're going to be comfortable with, who does good work and that is AFFORDABLE. I've seen some quotes and some of them are almost $4,000, which is simply not in our budget. We're not getting married until November so we have some time but I really want to get the ball rolling. Also, do most photographers have payment plans? Where you can make a deposit and then make payments until the wedding day? I think we can do a larger budget if that's the case.
    Posted by AmyMike1122[/QUOTE]

Many photographers charge by location, number of hours and time of year. What is your photography budget? I can suggest some of the low price photographers that my coordinator offered to me but I cannot vouch for any of their work... still not sure which one I will choose
  • I'm a photographer based out of Rhinebeck, NY. I'm available in November as well. If you're interested, you can check out my work at facebook.com/laurenevansphotography or you can email me at lauren@laurenevansphoto.com :)
  • I'm a photographer based out of Rhinebeck, NY. I'm available in November as well. If you're interested, you can check out my work at facebook.com/laurenevansphotography or you can email me at lauren@laurenevansphoto.com :)
  • pegbauerpegbauer member
    First Comment
    edited April 2013
    My fiance is a wedding photograhpher in the Hudson Valley. I may be a bit biased, but his work is great! He has several packages to suit different client needs. You can view his work at:

I wish I could hire him for my wedding next year Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards