Michigan-Detroit

Downtown Detroit bachelorette party ideas?!

Hi girls, 
I'm currently in the process of planning a bachelorette party for my sis this June downtown and am at a loss for good ideas of things to do down there...

So far I have booked a couple large suites at the athenium hotel for us to gather/get ready/ crash... the idea is to be able to walk everywhere so this was a convenient spot for us...

Our original idea was to do an afternoon Tigers game then back to the hotel room to get ready, then go to dinner and bar hop...

Unfortunately, the tigers have a night game so we may nix that idea since we'd kind of like to make a day out of all this...

I looked into a princess rivercruise dinner but am not getting goodfeedback from the girls due to the cost...

There are tugboat races at 1 on the river and riverdays is going on but I dont know how that will all go down trying to keep 15 girls together...

I'd love ideas if anyone has any!!
I need recommendations for dinner (not too pricy) and bars too!!

Thanks so much!!
Photobucket
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Downtown Detroit bachelorette party ideas?!

• For b-parties, I like Delux Lounge. It's on the edge of Greektown, and is a mix of sports bar/martini bar/dance club. They have a dance floor and DJ, and they play a variety of music. It's small, but I like it. There's also the new BW3, which is right next to The Well and Baltimore which are two other bars. This block is also right around the corner from Delux.

As far as things to do, have you looked into the Diamond Jack boat? Don't know if it's cheaper than the Princess. There is also a spa downtown (Woodhouse Day Spa) on Woodward, just north of Campus Martius. There's also Wheelhouse Detroit, located in Rivard Plaza on the Riverwalk, and you can rent bikes. That could be fun for a daytime activity.

Personally, I'd maybe do a mini spa-day during the day (you could do it downtown or near your house), go to the Tigers game that night, and then bar hop for a bit afterward.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh, and for dinner...

There's a place called Vincente's that is Cuban. They have main entrees which can be a little pricey ($15-$20), but they also have a decent selection of tapas, which could be fun for a group. The restaurant is a block or so away from the Compuware People Mover Stop (which I think is Cadillac Square? I'm drawing a total blank).

Also, like I said, there's BW3 in Greektown. There's also Pegasus, which is good Greek food and would be right near the hotel. There's also a BBQ place in Greektown called Redsmoke.

For SUPER cheap, there's a schwarma joint/bar up near the Fox Theatre, which is a bit of a walk from your hotel, but near Comerica if you end up going to the Tigers game. The bar is Park Bar - has lots of local and microbrew beer on tap and it's attached to a fast food place called Bucharest Grill. They have various schwarma sandwiches, plus salads and some other basic stuff. It's really good.

Also, there's a place called Foran's Grand Trunk Pub, which is on Woodward, just south of Campus Martius. It's a beer joint, and they also have really good sandwiches, burgers, etc.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards