Wisconsin
Options

Zilli Catering

Anyone who has used them/is using them, can you give me an idea of what the price range per guest is for their standard stations or buffets on their website?

I'm trying to decide whetehr or not to even bother contacting them--I have a set budget and I don't want to waste their time or mine if I can't afford them right out of the gate (they're the exclusive caterer for our #1 venue choice). So many other places I've looked at have their prices right on the website and it's SO helpful.

Feel free to message me if you don't want to post the info publicly!! Kiss

Re: Zilli Catering

• Options
    Zilli has been fantastic every step of the way!! :) We are using them for our June wedding. We are going with a standard buffet with hand passed appetizers for coctail hour and a late night nacho bar. Its $38 per person which was more that we had initally inteded to spend but their prices are all inclusive type prices, so they don't nickle and dime you for things like cutting and serving the cake, linens, etc.  They also factor in the gratuity cost to the overal cost, instead of having a lower per person cost and then adding 20% for the service fee. They have a lot of different options and to be honest, the food quality is fantastic. If you go with Zilli you will not have standard boring mass produced wedding food! :)
  • Options
    We've had a great experience so far with them. Rates are about average but offer small discount if you use them for both food and Bar. Kelly and Lori are wonderful and we were treated like royalty at our tasting. We are having an appetizer style menu and for over 100 guests it's about $37pp + $15pp for bar. Our package includes 3 cold and 4 hot appetizers, 1 build your own pasta station and a meat/cheese/fruit trays. Beer/Wine and Soda for guests. I reccomend!
  • Options
    foxybritchesfoxybritches member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2013
    As the Devil's Advocate:

I have had a terrible experience with Zilli's the entire step of the way.

First, I repeatedly asked for menu options and pricing for a sit down, served dinner. I heard nothing but buffet options.

When we got to our tasting, FI's last name was spelled wrong. When they "fixed" the problem, MY last name was spelled wrong, even though it was correct the first time.

The apps were fantastic, the martini sippers were great, and the desserts and the mashed potato bar were great as well. However the main course stuff was basic blah every wedding kind of food...and didn't taste good either.

They do have an exclusive bar contract with my venue so unfortunately I'm stuck with them for that. They did offer to upgrade our beer selection, have free martini sippers, and upgrade the linens if we did both food and beverages with them, which was nice, but the food was just...bad.

The real kicker (which is me being picky, I know) is that their contract was written entirely in Comic Sans MS - not professional at all. I have spoken to my "coordinator" maybe a total of five minutes (Lori) and got stuck with her assistant for the rest of the time. Once she realized we were trying to stick to a budget, she basically lost all interest and became rude.

All in all, I would advise staying clear of Zilli, but so many other people have had such great experiences with them.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards