Second Weddings

"But they were at the first wedding"

This has got to be the funniest and stupidest reason for inviting someone to my second wedding.

My family is going on and on about how we have to invite cousin this or aunt n uncle that to our wedding "they were at the first wedding so they should be at the second"

Even my MOH from my first says she has to be invited bc she was at the first.... Uhh yeah you were IN the first wedding and I haven't seen you since 3 years after that and you didn't even know I was divorced till you found me on Facebook!!!

Some people make me laugh with their logic!!!

Re: "But they were at the first wedding"

• The only reason to invite someone to your wedding is because you want them there. It makes no sense to have any other rationale for making up your guest list.

We have about 15 people that we are inviting that we hardly know from FI's side and that annoys me because there's 12 people I love that I had to cut... but 1) I didn't want to fight with FMIL and 2) I had more on my list than him. We split the count down the middle to be fair.

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• You girls are being far more gracious than I would be in any of these situations.  Thankfully, no one has been that pushy.  My mom tried to get me to include some friends of the family, and I just said, 'No, we can't afford to extend invitations to everyone you'd like'.  And that was it.  Good luck to all of you!
    Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • Glad I'm not the only one with a mom who sometimes seems to think it is about her (and her rules!)!   She all but demanded a detailed list of who gave what at the first so she could "match" (or check if they did). 

She's given me names to invite to the 2nd too, a few b/c they couldn't go to the 1st.  I'll go along b/c she's helping us with paying (which I did not expect....warned FI that I couldn't ask my folks for help a 2nd time). 

At least they are all people I know!  She had an e-party last time and I didn't know a good 50% of the guests which made the event and writing TYs a bit odd (but she'd given to their kids....and somehow decided the rule about inviting everyone to the wedding didn't apply....).  I guess they did their part since she hasnt mentioned their names this time!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards