Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon on a beach in June?

Hi Ladies!
I've gotten to the point of desperation, so I'm hoping for some helpful advice :) FI and I have been looking at honeymoon possibilities since last fall, but haven't found anything that we were really excited about. Our wedding is June 1st and we're hoping to go on a honeymoon within a few weeks of then. 

We're looking for:
Peaceful beach lounging and swimming
No kids or very limited kids
Activities like kayaking, snorkeling, hiking
Lots of privacy
Preferably all-inclusive

FI is okay with spending around $5,000, I'd rather keep it under 4. 

The only place we CAN'T go is Punta Cana, my best friend is going there and she's the type you don't want to "copy".

Thanks so much for any suggestions!

Re: Honeymoon on a beach in June?

• I've been to Puerto Vallarta twice now with my Fiance and loved it! It's less of a tourist destination than some of the other parts of Mexico (i.e. Cancun and Cabo) but still has beautiful beaches, historical sights, and fantastic outdoor activities.  Secrets in Puerto Vallarta is an adults only all inclusive that's great and you can get a good deal through Costco if you have a membership.  The adults only tend to be a little more expensive but they also have another resort called Dreams that ISN'T adult only but still a beautiful all inclusive.  I stayed at Dreams for a destination wedding and it was incredible and didn't seem to have many kids anyway. 

Keep in mind that if you go earlier in June there's a chance that there may be less children because many schools may not be out yet.  Hope that helps! 
  • Ditto PP - go as soon as you can if you are planning on travelling in the summer.  Not because of kids, but because of heat.  FI and I grew up in the Atlanta/Birmingham area so we're used to it, but coming from Chicago you might fry.  We are going to Jamaica the first week in May because 85-90 degrees is perfect to us.  I would just make sure you've considered that before you book a beach vacation in the caribbean.  Personally, I would give up the AI thing and go to the northern Florida instead.  It's still really hot, but it will be more comfortable than places further south.  I've been to Florida in late May/early June and it's really hot but fantastic.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • try going luxe in a cheaper location. Like stay at the One and Only on Paradise Island in the bahamas, or stay at the W on Vieques Island in Puerto Rico
    Dreaming of our Hawaiian honeymoon! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went to the Exumas in the Bahamas in June and it was complete paradise! Were pampered, enjoyed romantic secluded beach excursions, snorkelled, sun bathed and all the works.
  • There are no AI's in Puerto Rico.  I'd recommend the Sun Palace in Cancun.  It's adults only, AI with lots to do.  
  • Aruba is nice-my best friend went there. They have a few AI's and considering your budget-you would definitely be able to afford it. Its quite- no kids.

Jamaica- there are a few resorts that are couples only and its a gorgeous place with a lot of fun actitivities. If you go here- you MUST do Dunn's River falls-its amazing.

You have already been to the Bahamas (me too-that was awesome l)

There are so many places you can go to in the Caribean, but if you are only looking for AI's I feel like they will limit you as to where you can go. If you want to go somewhere really exotic try Costa Rica, Fiji, Bora Bora, (but all these places are so $$ and not AI's)
    Congrats and good luck!

• We went to St Lucia in late May/Early June last year, and it was fantastic. I'd recommend either place we stayed, but the first was an AI with kids (Morgan Bay) and the second one was more of a roughing-it treehouse cabin type place (Crystals - absolutely amazing experience). I will say that Morgan Bay was very quiet even though there were kids there, so we didn't mind. Lots of other AIs on the island, too - look around and see what you can find.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would go with a Sandals, Couples, or Secrets. It sounds like you want something similar to what we ended up going with. We are going to Sandals Royal Caribbean in Jamacia for 6 days, all inclusive, no kids, they have a private island, and you can hang out at the other 2 local sandals in Montego Bay. With that budget you can probably get a pretty high room categoy, we are spending around $5k, but you could definitely keep it around $4k with a lesser room category.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards