Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

RSVPs

To start off... this is really just a vent, but would love any advice on how to handle it. Our RSVP date is today. I know some people take the RSVP date as a "drop in the mail by" date, but I still have 94 people who have not responded! That's 94 total including guests/spouses, but I feel like that is a crazy number. Our total guest list was about 230. Don't people realize how important that little piece of paper is?! I gave myself a week and a half before my final head count, so would it be rude for me to start calling on Wednesday? I was hoping to wait until Friday but seeing how many people we still have is really freaking me out. That is a LOT of phone calls. I expected like 25 people to not respond, all being people we would "know" weren't going to be coming. I had no clue almost half of the guest list wouldn't respond!

Re: RSVPs

• Options
    Ugh. That's a lot. I think Wednesday would be fine. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    It's really annoying. Sorry you have to deal with this.

Have you not heard from 94 people or families? We had about 100 people not respond, but it was closer to 35-40 phone calls/messages to send, since they were mainly couples and families. Think of it that way, and it may seem less overwhelming. Give it until Wednesday, then divide and conquer with your FI.

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It is 94 total but only a few are families over 2, so it's about 40 phone calls. I told FI last night and his response was "if they don't RSVP that means they're not coming". I quickly corrected him, read through the list (a decent number of them we really expected to come) and he understood. I just really don't get it!
  • Options
    Wednesday is fine.  If they put it in the mail today, you should have it by Monday.  

With that many, it might be a good idea to see if you can enlist some help with this.  Have your FI call some of his side, and see if your parents will help with family members.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards