Connecticut

Hair/ Make-up around Waterbury/Wolcott

I am starting to look up places to do hair and make up for me and 4 of my bridesmaids.
My friends and I joke that we are "part-time women" cuz we are not all that girly (we know the basics of make up) so even though I grew up in CT (where our wedding is), I really don't know of many places for hair and make up.

We are getting ready at our hotel in the Waterbury/Wolcott area before the wedding.  I'm open to either having our hair and make up done at the hotel (I would imagine this is easier but may be more expensive?) or going to a salon to get it done.  The ceremoney isn't until 5pm on a Saturday.  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)   Or if you don't know of any places in that area, what's a reasonable price for airbrushing?

Re: Hair/ Make-up around Waterbury/Wolcott

• I dont ever wear makeup either :)

I used Mary Kay for my engagement pics to see if I would even like it for the wedding. She was right in Wolcott.   I went to her house but she does come to you for weddings.
    Her name is Theresa Northway

I am using Mary Kay for the wedding as well but using a personal friend of my moms for it (she wasnt in town for the engagement pics and recommended the other women)

I recommend both of them though :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dana Bartone is awesome, and based out of Cheshire, to the travel fee to Waterbury shouldn't be too crazy.  It was well worth it to have them come to us at the hotel the morning of the wedding.  We used Lauren for hair and Dana for makeup and they did a great job.  I don't wear much makeup at all normally, and everytime I"ve had it done as a BM I always think I look crazy, but Dana did a great job with me, I was totally comfortable.  All my girls looked beautiful as well.
  • i used Dana Bartone.  I forget the person we had but she did a great job.  I know she's no longer there but I've heard good reviews about the other ladies.  We stayed at the Marriott in Waterbury and if I remember correctly it was an $80 travel fee.  For myself (hair/makeup) , mom (hair/makeup), and 2 bridesmaids (hair only) I think it was about $400. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards