December 2013 Weddings
Options

So .... Now what?

Well, we have been engaged since Feb. 5 and will be getting married on December 6. So far we have ….

-Booked venue

-Chosen attendants

-Purchased my dress

-Picked colors

-Have a (fluid) guest list to work with

-Colors picked out

-Scheduled consultation with bakery

-Have a general idea of what we want the reception to look like

-Booked DJ

-Registering this weekend

I’m having trouble on figuring out what the next steps are and all I’m doing is looking at a million different ideas for executing ideas and getting overwhelmed. Sometimes I feel like there is so much to still do and so much money that we’re still going to have to spend, but on the other hand I feel like we’re in really good shape.

I guess I just want to keep things moving so I’m not going completely crazy in the fall when I would much rather be enjoying it all. Any advice?

Re: So .... Now what?

• Options
    Personally, I wouldn't stress out...wedding planning is fun...should be anyways.....it's all about the TWO of you....I got engaged on 12/28/12 and we're getting married on 12/28/13....I would just go and check out some bridal shows and walk around...get some ideas of what you like, what you don't...ideas for bouquets; hairstyles; jewelry; tuxes; bridesmaid dresses.

Are you hiring a photographer?  videographer?  getting a photobooth?  Are you having a lot of people come?  Is it a destination wedding where you have to consider alot of travelers?? Then need to think about accommodations, etc..

I'm having a very small wedidng, less than 30 people; in Asheville, NC...no photographer; no videographer; simple, family and closest friends...That's what its all about anyways, me and my honey (yes, I know, poor grammar)...

Have fun!!!
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm not stressing out really .. It has been so fun. I just want to make sure it stays that way all the way up until the wedding :-) The money is the only thing I"m stressing about, and even that is because I don't want to spend NEARLY as much as our parents have budgeted, which isn't the worst problem to have.

We have our photographer booked and are going on a cake tasting this weekend - my fiance is excited for this like a little boy, so it's pretty hilarious.

We're keeping pretty simple (though not compared to yours! that sounds amazing), and local so a lot of our family is local and easy. I do have a room block set up and just need to sign the contract.
  • Options
    Congratulations! I'm getting married on December 6 too :-) What about a florist? Or looking for an officiant? Or are you getting married in a church?
  • Options
    Thanks Malyuta!

We have our officiant - We won't be getting married in our church, but we have a friend whose father is a pastor and has agreed to marry us. We're going to do everything in the same venue (golf course)

I guess my next step is choosing dresses for the bridesmaids and getting Save the Dates back as soon as we get our engagement photos back - our engagement session is next weekend.

The florist I spoke with won't even do a consultation until I choose my bridesmaids dresses. Which makes sense, but I have no idea if this is standard or not. Regardless,
    I guess I need to get moving on those dresses :)

Honestly, so far everything has been really easy and fun. I only hope it stays this way!!
  • Options
    Have you chosen a photographer?  IMO, it seems strange that a florist won't talk to you until you have chosen BM dressess.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not so strange re: florist.  When my brother and his wife got married, her florist wanted to see the dress (or at least the exact color) before they discussed flowers.

Your list looks about like mine, and we're getting married on the 14th. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards