Getting in Shape
Options

P90x ?'s

After some looking around and after the posts from last week, I think I may start to advance my collection with P90x.  I'd like to buy one without breaking the bank, so I was hoping to maybe find one that doesn't have too many required pieces to help save.  For those who have done it, which set do you recommend, and are the extra parts needed and worth the money?  I'm hoping there is a good set that doesn't need much so I can save a few bucks. (plus I think that pull up bar would break the doors in my apartment!)  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Re: P90x ?'s

• Options
    Kwith- I was looking on amazon as well, and it looked like there were packages of multiple dvd's, and then there were pics of pullup bars separately or with some dvds as well. One thing had a label of P90x, and then another had the name P90x2 or something like that.  They seemed like sets anyway.  I do have weights, bands, an exercise ball and a medicine ball as well if needed.

• Options
    pt-you can modify most of those exercises with a resistance band and free weights (the book even tells you how to do the bar exercises with a resistance band.)  I would get a band, a set of light weights, a set of slightly heavier weights (for back and for as you get stronger.)  no bar needed :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  That is very helpful.  I hope it helps change up my workout and boost my loss :)

• Options
    I bought P90x on Craigslist.  It was unopened for $60.  We use some free weights (5 and 10 pound) and a pull up bar.  It is a great workout if you stick with it.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards