Wedding Reception Forum

Need your eyes!!

I found the perfect centerpiece pedestal vases for my centerpieces in Old Time Pottery last month. I went back today to purchase them and they only had 4 left. (I need 13). I had no idea that Old Time Potter doesnt "restock" their inventory...what they get in is what they put on shelves. They can not order them for me. Im in meltdown mode. I know I have a yr to go but I have been purchasing my supplies (making brooch centerpeices) and planned on this vase. Ive searched internet high and low to no avail.

Does anyone know where I can purchase the vase in the pic (link provided)? One of the best things about them is they are about 23" and where only $14.99 but you could never tell they were so inexpensive. I was shocked. If ou could keep your eyes open I would gratly appreciate it!
Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200471495022477&set=o.130435707127509&type=1&theater

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif

Re: Need your eyes!!

• Hoping you can follow that link...its to a group on my facebok page.

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • When I click on the link, it says that the page is unavailable.  I don't think that people outside of the group have permission to view it.
  • I can't see it.  Can you download the picture to your computer than repost it on here?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I will try. Originally I posted on face book and have no idea where I got it from>I will go search now! Sorry!

• LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    Ok...yay! Sorry for all the trouble. Im new here. I uploaded it and its the 1st pic in my favorites. I clicked on my  pic and it brought me right to it.

http://www.theknot.com/profiles/LAM2228/mymedia/photo/details/2151358

heres kink..I hope it works!

• That vase is cute but you can get tons of other vases that would coordinate with that one for way less money and stress. Try restaurant supply stores, Pier 1, and TJ Maxx
  • Thanks NOLA, TJ Max has the same practice, they do not restock inventory and do not carry large supplies of one design. (My friend works there) Pier 1 Id expect would be more expensive then $15.00 for a 23" crystal pedestal but it cant hurt to check themout...Thanks!! I never thought about restaurant suppliers! hmmmm...

• Is Old Time Pottery a chain? I'd call every one of them, and see if any other stores have them?

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    If you call the Old Time Pottery in Parma Heights, Ohio (440-842-1244) and find that they have them I'd be happy to help you by getting them and shipping if you pay via paypal!  I'm in that area all the time seeing clients! :)
  • I've seen those at TJ Maxx, but as you said, they don't restock.

That appears to be mercury glass with the gold paint. Try googling mercury glass candle goblets and see what you can find. They might not match 100%, but variations can be nice.
  • @ Mig78....thank you what a generous offer!!!! Im afraid shipping could be outrageous! Im gonna call others in Florida area. Tampa/Orlando stores. I can drive there in 2/3 hrs. @ Sue n kevin...do you really think thats mercury glass? I didnt see that. I was wondering if I could do different styles on the tables?

• If you can't find 13 of the ones you want, you could try a mismatched but coordinated look.  You could mix the mercury glass ones (and I agree, they looked like mercury glass) with clear glass or silver ones that are similar if you can find them.

This one's cracked glass, and only 14 1/2 inches, but still very pretty (and $15, plus hobby lobby ALWAYS has sales/coupons).  I'm just not sure if the size of goblet is big enough for your flowers.

SaveSave
  • @monkeysip..those are gorgeous but Im afraid 14" will obstruct guets view. Im appreciate your positive feedback about non-matching vases. its something Im considering. I just got great news!!  I won a 200.00 gift certififcate from Taylor rental from a bridal expo that I attended. maybe they will have the perfect vases!! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards