Georgia-Atlanta
Options

David's Bridal

I ordered my dress from there and have just picked it up.  When do I make an appointment for alterations?  Should this be closer to my wedding?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary

Re: David's Bridal

• Options
    ritakellyritakelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my dress from David's and I thought it was strange they didn't want me to make an apt. that day. My sales person told me to make it ASAP even though I had more than 6mo. before my wedding. In the end, I thought their prices were too much and ended up making an appointment with someone else (Dora Baker) who got really great reviews on here. I am saving almost $100 with her and I think she'll be more flexible and helpful overall (I need slight hem, take in at the bust, and bustle). I may be able to avoid the hemming with high heels which will also decrease the alterations cost. I have my first apt. in 3 weeks (which if I get a bad vibe from her) I can still make an appointment with some else or Davids (since my wedding isn't until July).
  • Options
    saorisenylsaorisenyl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ritakelly - could you please send me Dora Bakers link or number?  Where is she located?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard horror stories of their alterations dept.

I was told to start getting my dress altered 3 months ahead of time.

Where do you live?  I have a great person, she's in Suwanee near 85/Old Peachtree.  She did my alterations for my BM dress (for another wedding) and it was awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_davids-bridal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:a7114c61-66ad-4fd7-b547-c4c0795030e2Post:ca84a9a3-cc83-4451-be0e-3f5f304ae9b8">Re: David's Bridal</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I have heard horror stories of their alterations dept.</strong> I was told to start getting my dress altered 3 months ahead of time. Where do you live?  I have a great person, she's in Suwanee near 85/Old Peachtree.  She did my alterations for my BM dress (for another wedding) and it was awesome!
    Posted by chrissyinatl[/QUOTE]

You have heard stories about David's alterations deptartment or the lady I recommended?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been working with Dora Baker and she seems very knowledgable and nice.  She has however called to change my appt time twice now.  Maybe it's a fluke and thankfully I don't need the dress any time soon so it's not a big deal.  Her price was awesome.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Belletop,
    Let me know how the overall alterations turn out. I have my first appointment with her in 3 weeks (as long as she doesn't cancel). :)
    -Rita
  • Options
    chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_davids-bridal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:a7114c61-66ad-4fd7-b547-c4c0795030e2Post:1a717a3e-1e24-4328-b8d6-3ac1fac4cf50">Re: David's Bridal</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: David's Bridal : You have heard stories about David's alterations deptartment or the lady I recommended?
    Posted by ritakelly[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I meant of Davids Bridal.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh thank you!!!  I plan on contacting Dora! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    dmoroziczdmorozicz member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies,

I've been reading through these comments and I want to tell you how AMAZING Dora is!  My wedding is on 4/30 and I have been working with Dora over the past month.  My dress required a lot of alterations and I know I woulld have more than doubled what she is charging me had I taken it to Bridals by Lori (where I purchased my dress).  She is very knowledgable and personable.  I have my final fitting this weekend am I am so excited!  All of my bridesmaids are also using her as well. 

@belletop she's had to reschedule and cancel some appointments as of late because she had a family member who was hospitalized and then passed recently.  She's having a bit of a rough time :(
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know if Dora makes or sells veils? I haven't bought one yet and I don't want to pay very much for one because I will probably only wear it for 15 minutes during the ceremony -- I also don't want anything super fancy. I have been looking at valueveils.com; ladies on the attire board really say they're pretty decent for $15.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards