Not Engaged Yet
Options

FFF anyone?

Just kidding.  I knew that headline would get your attention, though.

It's Friday afternoon.  I'm bored.  Everyone, tell me 5 things on your mind right now.

1.  I hate stiff button-down shirts.

2.  I finished all my work for the day hours ago, but I'm still stuck here until 6.  So I'm eating chips and dip and reading at my desk.

3.  At pretty much any given time, the number one thing on my to-do list is sleep.

4.  I have a cat that gives hugs.  If you stand next to my table, she'll jump on it then stretch both her front paws up to your shoulders.  It's pretty adorable.

5.  I have noticed that a lot of people in my geographical region pronounce the word "suite" like "suit."  In my job, I have to hear this on a pretty much daily basis and I think I'm starting to lose the strength it requires not to correct it.

Re: FFF anyone?

• Options
    1) Boston crazyness

2) I get frustrated that my mom gets mad that I'm uncomfortable when she has her BF over for like mid-Saturday sexytime. I get it. We all have needs. But if I HAVE to live at home right now, and I, as the hormone ridden you woman, never made that offence, you should keep your spanking to a minimum between the hours of 6:30 am and 8:30 pm when there are others walking around the house. If you're home alone, go for it! But don't invite me into your room when I tell you I'm leaving for the afternoon and you're nakey under the sheets. Eew.

3) I'm sleepy. I hate it.

4) I'm hungry, but I'm going to OG with some friends tonight and am trying to hold off a bit.

5) I really wish I didn't have to work my 2nd job anymore. They kill my Saturdays and my Sundays are never relaxing because of all the ish I have to do.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da4464ec-36a6-45e2-8ba9-fd6e64e1c712Post:1504a723-0411-4bc9-8d3f-3cfeede72142">Re: FFF anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. <strong>Arthur Weasley (the cat</strong>) is being a giant jerk to me. 2. Why do I make so much graphic design? 3. Why won't regular printers print to the edge? 4. Chai is the best ever. 5. If I got a penny for everyone that said<strong> "for all intense and purposes"</strong> or other glaring grammar errors that made me stabby in an email to me, I'd be a millionaire.
    Posted by tarradesign[/QUOTE]

Best cat name.

I used to think it was "for all intensive purposes" and I was befuddled because that phrase didn't really make sense, but I used it anyway.
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited April 2013
    1) I'm excited for date night with the hubs tonight, just getting out of the house makes me excited.
    2) Food coma has set in and a nap is on my mind.
    3) I really am baffled as to why the aunt and dad of the suspect from the Boston Bombings think he was framed.  If they were innocent why were they involved with a car chase and gun fight.
    4) The weather is so nice out, I want to get out of work and go to the beach.
    5) I know I need to be more active than just going to outrigger practice 3 days a week, can't motivate myself to run on the other days.
  • Options
    1. Adam Levine is one gorgeous piece of ass.
    2. I'm so glad I don't have to cook tonight.
    3. Will I ever graduate?
    4. Why is my co-worker wearing yoga pants and stilettos?
    5. I wish I could get paid to read books.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:da4464ec-36a6-45e2-8ba9-fd6e64e1c712Post:212d25d9-e76b-4c05-87dd-a719255606e0">Re: FFF anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. Adam Levine is one gorgeous piece of ass. 2. I'm so glad I don't have to cook tonight. 3. Will I ever graduate? 4. Why is my co-worker wearing yoga pants and stilettos? 5. I wish I could get paid to read books.
    Posted by LaSak87[/QUOTE]

I would like to echo both 1 and 5.  Hard.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    1) I can't fluckin believe I have to wait another 3.5 days before I know if I'm definitely getting this new job or not. Cannot. Believe.

2) Kaya hasn't peed or pooed since we picked her up from the vet yesterday afternoon (after her spay), and I'm getting concerned.

3) I'm babysitting for a friend's baby tomorrow. On one hand I really don't want to have to drive to Queens by myself, but on the other I think BF needs/deserves a break from me. I have been borderline insane all week and he's put up with it quite well.

4) I'm getting pissed off at all of these reporters who are speaking with friends and family of the alleged Boston terrorists. They're trying SO hard to get the friends/family to reveal something radical about these men. Clearly something made them decide to do this, but it's obvious that their friends and family (at least of the younger brother), never saw this coming.

5) I'm making THESE  tonight, and I cannot WAIT to sit outside at our new patio table (which BF is assembling right now), drink some wine, and eat these yummy burgers and corn on the cob.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In no particular order...

1) I am starving and I can't wait to put that yummy, extra cheesy Tombstone pizza in the oven. Just thirty more minutes and I can get off work, go home and stick that pizza in the oven! Good god, I think my stomach is gonna eat itself.

2) Wishing I could stop making comments like "I wish we could move in together" to BF whenever I have issues with my roommate. I have word vomit, it seems. 

3) Hoping that my boss approves of the postcards I created for him. I am NOT good with graphic design.

4) I am wondering how much longer this manhunt in Boston is going to go on. How hard can it be to find one 19 year old kid?

5) I hope my roommate is not home when I get home. I really just feel like being alone, watching tv, and pigging out on junk food. 
  • Options
    1) My heart is really broken for Boston and the areas around it. I can't even imagine what they're going through.

2) I'm excited for date night tonight. We're going out to dinner and then to see "The Place Beyond the Pines" at FI's request. You don' t have to twist my arm to see something with Ryan Gosling AND Bradley Cooper in it. 

3) It's totally unnecessary, I know, but I ordered door hangers for at the hotel and made water bottle labels (thanks to Elle!) to put in welcome bags and to have out when guests arrive at the ceremony. Both look SO good and I'm irrationally excited about it. 

4) We picked up our marriage license today which made everything feel really real! 

5) I want mint chocolate chip ice cream. 

• Options
    1.  I am sick of being trapped in my apartment.  I hope they catch this kid soon.
    2.  If I knew I was gunna be trapped in my apartment all day, I would've bought better snacks.
    3.  I want to shower, but I've been terrified of being suddenly evacuated all day.
    4.  I'm nervous about having to fly to Chicago on Sunday.
    5.  I want Oreos.
  • Options
    1) My uterus hurts. I try not to be mad at it, since I'm just glad it works (ish).
    2) Tornado watch until 10p
    3) FRIDAY!
    4) 11 mile run tomorrow
    5) 5:01... I'm outta here!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    1.) I'm really disappointed in BF.  He's an apprentice in a union and part of the apprentice requirements is that they go to this training class every other Saturday or so. Classes can be made up, but he can only miss 3 classes (I'm not sure if that includes the ones made-up or not).  Right now the company he's "working" for laid him off so he's working his old job (which I hate for multiple reasons) as a sportfishing captain.  They booked him a trip tomorrow and he agreed to it KNOWING he has class.  And for completely selfish reasons, I'm disappointed he probably won't miss the next class despite it being our weekend to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday.  We were gonna do fun things and now we probably won't. Wow...that ended up being more of a rant than I intended it to be.

2.) I want delicious yummy food and delectable desserts that I don't have to make myself.  It's hard to not go to BJ's and get myself a pizookie.  I want one a pizookie so badly!

3.) Thank goodness Bossman did not put me on the opening shift.  I get to continue to rack up the hours closing and preclosing.

4.) I'm horrible at getting people gifts and waiting until the right day to give it to them.  I really want to give gifts right away. Having BF's anniversary gift sitting in my closet is driving me mad!

5.) Everything going on in Boston and Texas.  My heart goes out to all those people.  
  • Options
    1. Boston...my heart goes out to all of you.

2. I'm hungry...I ate lunch at 11 though....I was sad when it was gone.

3. I should have exercised today.  Work got in the way.

4. What should I make for supper tonight?

5. I'm hungry...did I mention that?  Man, I'm turning into H...I can understand his conversations in Hindi to his family 75% of the time because they revolve around food.  It's rubbing off on my mind, obviously.
  • Options
    1. I love that it's finally warm out again!

2. I hate that I don't get to see BF this weekend :(

3. I'm supposed to go out with people tonight but I'm not really feeling it.

4. I need to find something to get BF as a graduation gift but I'm drawing a blank.

5. There's only three weeks of the semester left! And I actually don't have way too much left to do which is a miracle and has never happened before.

• Options
    My number 6:

6.  One of my facebook friends posted something today that I disagree with so strongly it's making me see red.  I really, really want to say something, but I'm afraid of hurting my relationship with this person (someone I really like most of the time) and of the backlash I'll get from all of her like-minded friends.  Ugh.  I hate having to hold my peace sometimes.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da4464ec-36a6-45e2-8ba9-fd6e64e1c712Post:1a9ea110-43b8-4617-a039-2a18111fd311">Re: FFF anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My number 6: 6.  One of my facebook friends posted something today that I disagree with so strongly it's making me see red.  I really, really want to say something, but I'm afraid of hurting my relationship with this person (someone I really like most of the time) and of the backlash I'll get from all of her like-minded friends.  Ugh.  I hate having to hold my peace sometimes.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

This happened to me a few weeks ago. BF had to talk me off the edge of saying something and just causing unnecessary drama.

Out of curiosity what was posted?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:da4464ec-36a6-45e2-8ba9-fd6e64e1c712Post:82448103-1101-40c9-abc9-68eec5b2c232">Re: FFF anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF anyone? : This happened to me a few weeks ago. BF had to talk me off the edge of saying something and just causing unnecessary drama. Out of curiosity what was posted?
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

Did you hear about Melissa Harris-Perry's promo thing where she was talking about how we need to invest more in public education and she said something like "we have got to realize that our children don't belong to us, but to our community"?

It was about that.  I won't get into specifics, but homegirl is taking things wayyyyy out of context and being a littlebitch about it.
  • Options
    1.  Today is the 18th anniversary of the OKC Bombing.  combined with the drama in Boston, another U-Haul bombing threat in downtown OKC today, tornadoes Wednesday, and the explosion in TX... I am an emotional mess.  I don't know why it's affecting me the way it is, but it is just really bothering me.  I am having big problems focusing on anything except following the story. 

2.  I have an Accounting test I need to take this weekend (or at least by Mon/Tues) and I'm not ready.  I can't focus on studying, and I just...  ugh.  I need to get with it.

3.  Not looking forward to the weekend.  Ready for Monday...  weekends are too busy.  :(

4.  I'm stressing out about H's family coming in to town Mother's Day weekend for a wedding.  they are loud and high maintenance and stress me out.  I also have mandatory training that week at work, and I am just not ready.  I realize I have three weeks or so, but...  I just am not looking forward to this.  AT ALL.

5.  I'm a complete spoiled brat, but not having that brownie today at work really just bummed me out.  it's like, I was looking forward to that one little thing to help me get through the day.  this is really stupid, and I realize that. 
  • Options

1. I feel so much for Boston and Texas right now.  I feel like the world is falling apart.

2. I don't want to clean my house.  It's too much work.

3. My allergies suck and need to go away.

4.  I'm tired of being tired.  

5. I wish H and I could have sex.  Instead he is studying for his test and I should be cleaning.  

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da4464ec-36a6-45e2-8ba9-fd6e64e1c712Post:6b099647-69e5-4ab8-b93c-7643d8cfaab2">Re: FFF anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF anyone? : Did you hear about Melissa Harris-Perry's promo thing where she was talking about how we need to invest more in public education and she said something like "we have got to realize that our children don't belong to us, but to our community"? It was about that.  I won't get into specifics, but homegirl is taking things wayyyyy out of context and being a littlebitch about it.

Ah...politics on FB is so much fun.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:da4464ec-36a6-45e2-8ba9-fd6e64e1c712Post:9ae8e38c-672c-4120-86a0-8d66c9365c0f">Re: FFF anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF anyone? : Ah...politics on FB is so much fun.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

Isn't it?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da4464ec-36a6-45e2-8ba9-fd6e64e1c712Post:04593e5d-efee-45f6-a929-587b970db73d">Re: FFF anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. I feel so much for Boston and Texas right now.  I feel like the world is falling apart. 2. I don't want to clean my house.  It's too much work. 3. My allergies suck and need to go away. 4.  I'm tired of being tired.   <strong>5. I wish H and I could have sex.  Instead he is studying for his test and I should be cleaning.  </strong>
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

15 minutes, that's all you need!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:da4464ec-36a6-45e2-8ba9-fd6e64e1c712Post:bbe8c509-658f-4dfc-9b77-41d7b5edc6b4">Re: FFF anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF anyone? : 15 minutes, that's all you need!
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

Siriusly.  Convince him to take a study break.  You'll both be more productive for the rest of the day.  :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da4464ec-36a6-45e2-8ba9-fd6e64e1c712Post:04593e5d-efee-45f6-a929-587b970db73d">Re: FFF anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]  5. I wish H and I could have sex.  Instead he is studying for his test and I should be cleaning.  
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

Ditto everyone else...STUDY BREAK!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da4464ec-36a6-45e2-8ba9-fd6e64e1c712Post:277db0d2-e83e-4e9e-b97f-99946222eb0f">Re: FFF anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF anyone? : Siriusly.  Convince him to take a study break.  <strong>You'll both be more productive for the rest of the day. </strong> :)

this is totally true.  spoken from experience.  ;)
  • Options
    1. I have a cats that gives hugs too, it makes me smile. He is such a sweetie pie. 

2. I feel so bad for the people in Boston, I hope they catch this guy soon.

3. FI had one job to do today chose a moving company... that has not happened kind of annoyed.  Unless he called and booked one and hasn't told me yet.

4. I should be working out and I'm sitting on the couch on the internet not doing anything... and I just ate 2 peeps....

5. I looking forward to meeting with my priest after church tomorrow to talk abour wedding stuff and get some dates.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da4464ec-36a6-45e2-8ba9-fd6e64e1c712Post:277db0d2-e83e-4e9e-b97f-99946222eb0f">Re: FFF anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF anyone? : Siriusly.  Convince him to take a study break.  You'll both be more productive for the rest of the day.  :)
    <div><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;line-height:115%;">Hmmm good call!  I'm off to seduce!  </span> <span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:115%;font-family:'Times New Roman', serif;"></span></p></div>
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:da4464ec-36a6-45e2-8ba9-fd6e64e1c712Post:ec9de216-9577-43ac-843a-8f17b2582e2b">Re: FFF anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. I have a cats that gives hugs too, it makes me smile. He is such a sweetie pie.  2. I feel so bad for the people in Boston, I hope they catch this guy soon. 3. FI had one job to do today chose a moving company... that has not happened kind of annoyed.  Unless he called and booked one and hasn't told me yet. 4. I should be working out and I'm sitting on the couch on the internet not doing anything... and I just ate 2 peeps.... <strong>5. I looking forward to meeting with my priest after church tomorrow to talk abour wedding stuff and get some dates.</strong>
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]
    Yay!  Do you know which dates you would like to have?

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_fff-anyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:da4464ec-36a6-45e2-8ba9-fd6e64e1c712Post:ec9de216-9577-43ac-843a-8f17b2582e2b">Re: FFF anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>1. I have a cats that gives hugs too, it makes me smile. He is such a sweetie pie.</strong>  2. I feel so bad for the people in Boston, I hope they catch this guy soon. 3. FI had one job to do today chose a moving company... that has not happened kind of annoyed.  Unless he called and booked one and hasn't told me yet. 4. I should be working out and I'm sitting on the couch on the internet not doing anything... and I just ate 2 peeps.... 5. I looking forward to meeting with my priest after church tomorrow to talk abour wedding stuff and get some dates.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

Aww.  We should introduce our cats to each other.
  • Options
    elle- this cats gets along pretty well with FI's cats he is a great cat 23 lbs but great.

Raven- we are going to see if may 10th ( obviously 2014 is available) otherwise we're ok with any date from May to mid September.

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm late b/c I took a half day yesterday!

1. I hope my little sister doesn't start doing really stupid things now that she is 21.

2. FI's apartment is really really cold and I want to change the temp but he is warm natured.

3. My coworker's black lab is having puppies and I really really want one but FI said we have to wait until we get a house so the puppy will have a back yard.

4. I'm so glad the Boston Marathon bombing suspect is in custody! 

5. I want to go to the gym this morning but I don't feel like getting dressed in gym clothes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards