Flowers

Reasonable Quotes?

I work at a grocery store as a cake decorator and I figured I'd get some wedding flower quotes for my wedding from the store I work at. I told them I just want simple. Just a smaller bouquet and a boutonniere or two. I had asked about two months ago and since then I have still not gotten a quote or anything I had asked for. If my wedding is in September is it unreasonable to get a quote this soon or are they dragging their feet? I was told by one of the florist that it would be too soon to even have a quote if I'm getting married in September.

Re: Reasonable Quotes?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_reasonable-quotes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:cb699192-9524-4535-ac39-89123a5ed03dPost:4dbc7931-28b4-4e40-8ba7-be28e437bd9c">Reasonable Quotes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I work at a grocery store as a cake decorator and I figured I'd get some wedding flower quotes for my wedding. I told them I just want simple. Just a smaller bouquet and a boutonniere or two. I had asked about two months ago and since then I have still not gotten a quote or anything I had asked for. If my wedding is in September is it unreasonable to get a quote this soon or are they dragging their feet? I was told by one of the florist that it would be too soon to even have a quote if I'm getting married in September.
    Posted by bakexlove[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I got my quote and contract 8 months before our wedding.  The florist knew the flowers used and figured out the cost for that time of year.  I don't see why they can't give you a quote if you know what flowers you want to use.  I'd go somewhere else.</div><div>
    </div>
  • I jus got my quote and my wedding isn't until next spring. Then again I live in Hawaii, and flowers are year round.
  • I live in Wisconsin, but you'd think they'd be able to at least give me an estimate. It's not like I'm asking for a million different things.
  • My first wedding I got my flowers done at the grocery store I worked at.  They came out beautifully.  Wedding was back in 99... and I dont' recall getting the run around.

This time around ,, lol... i'm doing paper flowers from etsy....  I wanted something different that would last :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards