Sports Weddings

Really loving the idea of a football theme but color dilemma

I am in love with the idea of a football theme reception. I would still have a traditional ceremony and keep all the football theme to the reception hall. FI & I are huge football fans. He loves the St. Louise Rams & I love the Seattle Seahawks- which are huge rivals. So I am thinking of playing off the rivalry. Using some tables for rams & some for seahawks. Unfortunately the team colors do not mesh well (Rams-Navy & Gold, Seahawks-Green & Blue) so I am going to have a hard time with that- Any ideas??   di
image BabyFruit Ticker Created by Wedding Favors

Re: Really loving the idea of a football theme but color dilemma

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_sports-weddings_really-loving-idea-of-football-theme-but-color-dilemma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:672Discussion:f51ee90f-c634-463c-98d8-a5e69b8ad3fbPost:c627b6cd-0717-482b-bce1-62e60a2dc9e9">Re: Really loving the idea of a football theme but color dilemma</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you wanna save some money & still bring your idea to life try this. I googled both Teams Under Images. You can save the Logo Or Stadium Pics Instead of using the Helmet. Both Logos Actually have Navy Blue In Them. So you can use that as a Main Color & then Accent it with the Gold, Green and/or Teal. U can do Navy Linens Throughout the Room & Then on one side accent with Gold for the Rams & The other side accent it with Green and/or Teal. U can use those Glass Beads which are even sold at Walmart & Dollar Stores. Or you can buy clear vases or jars & fill them with water with Food Coloring or even Jello! U can also Make The Table Numbers with the Team Logo Or Better Yet The Field Shots. If you need a better example of these ideas or some pics u can msg me Pics By Azul (no spaces) via Yahoo. I'd be happy to help!
    Posted by azul1323[/QUOTE]

<div>I like your ideas.</div><div>
    </div><div>I am having a fall decor wedding in oct. burnt orange and navy blue colors- navy blue dresses for bridesmaids. and dark orange flowers for bouquets.</div><div>BUT football themed- at reception only. I am an eagles fan and he is a dallas fan! LOL  so the blue is great for his team. anyway,</div><div>I am having a grooms cake with half eagles and half dallas and want to get that green turf "carpet" and put white lines on it like a field and that will be under the cake. also, candy buffet around  grooms cake with the team colors- silver and green and silver and blue, maybe some brown candies to match the football</div><div>
    </div><div>my garter will be  eagles or dallas, not sure which would be the best and funniest. garter will be put on a football and thrown</div><div>
    </div><div>also my centerpices are glass bowls, like a fish bowls with leaf imprints and then i was planning to use floating candles. with fake leaves scattered on table.  would some football scatter look tacky??</div><div>we will have a 2:00 min warning video with the countdown before intros. and will use the FOX nfl theme music to walk in. even want to have wedding party pass the ball. and thinking of having the groomsmen wear their team jersey when they walk in. MY new husband too, NOT me, though.</div><div>
    </div><div>any ideas or thoughts?</div><div>
    </div><div>I am concerned that I have the orange and blue colors going on then the team colors.</div><div>my regular cake will have fall leaf decor.  I am also having a fall wishes tree as decor and for guest to write on.  and the engagement display area will have some football frames and small team hellmets on the table/</div><div>
    </div><div>guest tables will have ivory linens (my dress color) and maybe blue runner.</div><div>table names are titles of meaningful songs to us, and i was going to have those written on a leaf pattern or football??  hmm, maybe vary the team logo on each table?</div><div>
    </div><div>just want to keep it classy but fun.</div><div>
    </div><div>thanks for any ideas you may have!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards