Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Coral dress with Teal Shoes????

I was planning on having bright Coral Bridesmaids dresses and was wondering peoples thoughts on a Bright Teal peep toe pump???  They would both be of the same hue.  Thoughts???

Re: Coral dress with Teal Shoes????

• Options
    I like coral and teal together. But just be aware that if you require specific shoes for the BMs, you must pay for them. It also may be difficult, if not impossible, to have every single girl be equally comfortable in the exact same pair of shoes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Try coral and mint... teal and coral are  bit youthful.. the mint would look more grown up
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_coral-dress-with-teal-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:1a774ecf-b86d-49c2-9a34-0946bd2175c7Post:37bc04c1-8f87-49f1-ab9c-5c13cc956c96">Coral dress with Teal Shoes????</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was planning on having bright Coral Bridesmaids dresses and was wondering peoples thoughts on a Bright Teal peep toe pump???  They would both be of the same hue.  Thoughts???
    Posted by cciletti25[/QUOTE]

This could look costume-y reallyyyyyyyy quick. Especially if all of the bridesmaids are matchy-matchy.

I also can't wear heels for a long period of time due to a nagging foot injury. I know lots of people issues with heels for various reasons.

Why not give the bridesmaids the option to wear any teal, nude, or gold/bronze shoe that they like? Let them know it would be fun if they wore some teal colored jewelry or something...but don't require it.

They will likely appreciate that you let them express their personal style and be comfortable in what they wear.
  • Options
    I like the concept, but those are two very "in" colors.. which is why.. Just be careful with picking your coral!  I have seen some coral/mint weddings that end up looking like a Miami Dolpins wedding because the coral was more orange in undertone than pink. 
  • Options
    while the colors look nice together, I'm not a fan of that color shoe since they will rarely get worn again so its a waste of money!  Let them pick a nude shoe of their choice. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Turqoiuse is waaay better than teal..Teal has more of a greenish hue. Also, I would go with a suede material. Otherwise any shine to this shoe will make it look "costumey". Suede gives it a softer look. Tan is good too, but only if there is some sort of added sparkle to the shoe because if its just straight tan, the feet look like they disappear. Personally I say turqoiuse suede heels. Especially because the dress is coral.. :) Gold or silver jewelry will look great with this color combo.. 
  • Options
    i say go for it! that is exactly what i am planning  =) although with various shades of coral for bridesmaid dresses!
  • Options

I think, depending on the shade, there is a chance your BMs could look a little clownish.  Those are two very strong colors.

I also agree with @summer2011bride .   Be prepared to pay for them. 

• Options
    I prefer more neutral shoes or shoes of a colour that classically goes with what colour the outfit is.  I agree with PPs though, that perhaps you should pay for them.
    Coral and Turquoise

• Options
  • Options
    Honestly, I'd go for a nude shoe. Tie in the teal in bouquets or hairpieces. 
  • Options
    The picture reminds me more of cotton candy. That's just me though. I would have to put the teal in the flowers or else where. The shoes and the dress is a little much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards