Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

RSVP on the Knot but STD on Paperless Post

We would like to use theknots wedding website with the RSVP function but dont like theknots save the date e-cards and would like to use paperless post. Any suggestions on how to manage this process? We want to make sure the RSVP function on our website works.

Re: RSVP on the Knot but STD on Paperless Post

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_rsvp-on-the-knot-but-std-on-paperless-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:3dba88c0-3f97-4b6a-ac9b-4037e62dd07fPost:4590bc72-2376-43d0-af57-cfd8fb2d38ad">RSVP on the Knot but STD on Paperless Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]We would like to use theknots wedding website with the RSVP function but dont like theknots save the date e-cards and would like to use paperless post. Any suggestions on how to manage this process? We want to make sure the RSVP function on our website works.
    Posted by BubbyJane1[/QUOTE]

The functions on TK are very glitchy, I recommend not using the RSVP function.  I also think that for a wedding, proper stationary should be used.  So I recommend using a tradional RSVP method.  How will non-computer savy guests RSVP?

And STDs aren't necessary, so if its cost that is worry you, just skip them.
  • Options
    Ditto Olive. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    My friends just sent out email invitations directing people to their wedding website.  I don't know which company they went through for their wedding website.
    We RSVP'd via their website as well as sent an email confirmation, and it seems to have worked out just fine.  They loved being able to save so much $
  • Options
    My suggestion is to send out invitations in the mail with a proper RSVP card.  A wedding is a big deal (even if it's a casual reception), and deserves a written invitation.  If you were having a summer picnic or a birthday party, electronic RSVP's are fine.   But, I think an actual hard copy invitation and rsvp card is appropriate for a wedding.
  • Options
    I would strongly advise against using TK's RSVP tool.  There are nearly constant posts from brides on here asking what do becauase their guests can't RSVP properly, they have lost all of their info, etc.  TK is notorious for having technical issues.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_rsvp-on-the-knot-but-std-on-paperless-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:3dba88c0-3f97-4b6a-ac9b-4037e62dd07fPost:a1940f6c-bd25-41ac-8053-2b037fe8e0b7">Re: RSVP on the Knot but STD on Paperless Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]My suggestion is to send out invitations in the mail with a proper RSVP card.  A wedding is a big deal (even if it's a casual reception), and deserves a written invitation.  If you were having a summer picnic or a birthday party, electronic RSVP's are fine.   But, I think an actual hard copy invitation and rsvp card is appropriate for a wedding.
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards