Pre-wedding Parties

3 Showers?

DO you think its ok to have 3 showers or will i look greedy?  My FMIL wants to throw me one, mom, and my college girls.  Help!!

Re: 3 Showers?

• Three is fine, but I wouldn't do any more than that. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • As long as the guest lists don't overlap.  Nobody except moms and the wedding party should be invited to more than one shower, or that WILL look greedy.  But, like, if you have one from FMIL with your FI's family as guests, one with your mom with your family as guests, and one with your college friends, that's cool.
  • i completely agree with calliopeia. As long as guest lists don't overlap, you will not look greedy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_3-showers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:3b7f4d36-f19b-4207-a15b-5e65f3c318bePost:3265afda-47cf-4cfe-80a6-b4460a958a44">Re: 3 Showers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]As long as the guest lists don't overlap.  Nobody except moms and the wedding party should be invited to more than one shower, or that WILL look greedy.  But, like, if you have one from FMIL with your FI's family as guests, one with your mom with your family as guests, and one with your college friends, that's cool.
    Posted by calliopeia2013[/QUOTE]

This is exactly right! You also wouldn't want the lists to overlap because then guests would feel obligated to purchase another gift which they don't need to do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards