Wedding Party

Too Many?

Is 5 bridesmaids, 5 groomsmen, and 4 ushers too much for a semi-formal wedding with approximately 100 guests?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Too Many?

• You can have as many BM & GM as you want. But, the ushers, I dont really get the point of having ushers. Either make them GM or just cut the position, unless you have already asked them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having ushers because I was raised by my grandparents, and having my "aunts and uncles" coming would involve A LOT of people coming to the ceremony over 75 or 80 and needing assistance getting too and from their seats, as well as quite a few in wheelchairs or walkers. Probably about 15-25 of the guests will be in walkers or wheelchairs and I dont want them struggling getting in and out of the aisles/their vehicles thats the main reason I am having ushers. I know I would worry about them if I didn't have someone helping them to their seats during the ceremony. Plus my fiance has a lot of male family members that he wants involved in the wedding in some way, but doesn't want them as groomsmen.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_too-many?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:df2f8adf-fe1b-4006-bf3d-7b59027994caPost:25992daa-de85-4976-9f6c-88707e6732c6">Re: Too Many?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having ushers because I was raised by my grandparents, and having my "aunts and uncles" coming would involve A LOT of people coming to the ceremony over 75 or 80 and needing assistance getting too and from their seats, as well as quite a few in wheelchairs or walkers. Probably about 15-25 of the guests will be in walkers or wheelchairs and I dont want them struggling getting in and out of the aisles/their vehicles thats the main reason I am having ushers. I know I would worry about them if I didn't have someone helping them to their seats during the ceremony. Plus my fiance has a lot of male family members that he wants involved in the wedding in some way, but doesn't want them as groomsmen.
    Posted by RebekahSnyder[/QUOTE]

That is a really good reason to have ushers! I think its awesome that you are thinking of your older guests who may need the help. We are not having ushers, but we dont have many old people on the list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's definitely a good reason to have ushers, so in that case, I would say keep them! Man, I wish my wedding were as small as yours; we're inviting 255 because my Mom's family is huge! It's in my parent's backyard, and we plan to have ushers because, well, that's just a darned lot of people.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_too-many?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:df2f8adf-fe1b-4006-bf3d-7b59027994caPost:25992daa-de85-4976-9f6c-88707e6732c6">Re: Too Many?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having ushers because I was raised by my grandparents, and having my "aunts and uncles" coming would involve A LOT of people coming to the ceremony over 75 or 80 and needing assistance getting too and from their seats, as well as quite a few in wheelchairs or walkers. Probably about 15-25 of the guests will be in walkers or wheelchairs and I dont want them struggling getting in and out of the aisles/their vehicles thats the main reason I am having ushers. I know I would worry about them if I didn't have someone helping them to their seats during the ceremony. Plus my fiance has a lot of male family members that he wants involved in the wedding in some way, but doesn't want them as groomsmen.
    Posted by RebekahSnyder[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards