Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Very Affordable Venue in Downtown Decatur (Wahoo Grill)

I have been searching for months for a beautiful venue to have my October wedding...and finally I found it! I have booked my my date so now I want to share this information to Brides who may be on a budget. Im getting married and having my reception at Wahoo Grill in downtown Decatur. With about 100 guests, Im spending less than 5000 on the venue and food. They include linens, napkins, flatware, setup and take down... not to mention the place is absolutely beautiful! Planning a Wedding should be exciting, but it gets discouraging sometimes if you dont have a MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET. So I just wanted to share this info with anyone who needs it :) Also... I found a great affordable photographer www.weddingsbymichael.net   

Re: Very Affordable Venue in Downtown Decatur (Wahoo Grill)

• Options
    TeamOPTeamOP member
    First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Wow!  So you are doing the Ceremony AND Reception here for $5k? NO WAY!  I looked at this place but when I recieved the informaiton, thought it was a bit pricey but doesn't seem that way at all according to your informaiton!  I'd love to hear more about what is included!  GOOD LUCK! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_very-affordable-venue-in-downtown-decatur?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:d6ec4422-1c62-49b1-824c-d28ec67103c9Post:2cb20f7f-7d5f-4215-9cc5-9b0e6743546c">Re: Very Affordable Venue in Downtown Decatur (Wahoo Grill)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow!  So you are doing the Ceremony AND Reception here for $5k? NO WAY!  I looked at this place but when I recieved the informaiton, thought it was a bit pricey but doesn't seem that way at all according to your informaiton!  I'd love to hear more about what is included!  GOOD LUCK! :)
    Posted by TeamOP[/QUOTE]

It is very affordable! The venue fee is only a $500 deposit which goes towards your event, then I paid a ceremony fee of $500.00 to have my ceremony there as well. There is a service charge for your servers...but everything else is based off of what you want. There are no extra charges for having a wedding on Saturdays like other venues. After those initial fees you just pick from a variety of menus and any extra cost like valet parking, bar expenses, etc. I didn't believe it at first. But it is true, and they are extremely helpful. Oh and lets not forget that they provide all linens, china, set up and take down, they will even do your table arrangements. You just need to let them know what you are looking for. The most expensive thing you will pay for is your menu. Definitely check them out!
  • Options
    I am having my wedding at Wahoo in July, and I have to agree that they are very cost effective and easy to work with. For the dinner menu, the prices per person are equal to some of the more expensive venues out there. But we are really saving on the other fees - venu rental, set up, cake cutting fee, etc. We are hosting a dinner ceremony and reception for about 75 people also for under $5,000. And every time I have eaten there, the food and the service have been wonderful as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards