Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

The Kiss

This is going to sound crazy, but should we practice our kiss for our ceremony? I don't want to do it like a peck on the cheek, but I don't want it to be rater R either. Am I the only one who is wondering about this?

Re: The Kiss

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_the-kiss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:3028bbc6-c1af-48e0-a9c4-36bace650d0aPost:4faa7b41-5081-4e86-a557-d26a97779680">The Kiss</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is going to sound crazy, but should we practice our kiss for our ceremony? I don't want to do it like a peck on the cheek, but I don't want it to be rater R either. Am I the only one who is wondering about this?
    Posted by mdupon70997[/QUOTE]

We didn't practice, per se. I do think it's important to remember that this kiss will be photographed (and perhaps on video).

DH & I discussed ahead of time the fact that we wouldn't just lunge at each other. So when it was that "moment", we took a second, smiled at one another, and then went in for the kiss.
  • I've wondered about this too.  2 friends of mine got married in July, and on the Valentine's Day before, he snuck her into their church so that they could practice their kiss.  The practicing didn't really work though.  The groom went for it.  The kiss wasn't r-rated or anything, just a little long,  The minster said "that's enough (groom)", which was very funny.  Then again, one month-ish before the wedding they made a "no physical contact" rule, and they were't allowed to kiss or hold hands or anything.  So, I can't say I blame them for having an extended kiss!
  • We didn't practice. I don't even think we talked about it before hand. Clearly it wasn't that important to us! :D I guess I figured that we know how to kiss and we know what is appropriate to do in front of people.

• FI likes to practice, I don't complain!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_the-kiss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:3028bbc6-c1af-48e0-a9c4-36bace650d0aPost:78684600-7931-4719-83ca-a184ab0e7488">Re: The Kiss</a>:
    [QUOTE]Go ahead and practice, nothing wrong with that, but as long as you don't end up like this video, you'll be fine - <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp-jZyzQSms" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp-jZyzQSms</a>
    Posted by prettybirdy27[/QUOTE]

LOL i saw this and was like grosss!!! they did it all night..... blek.. this is a def no no.

Me and my fiancee talk about it all the time because of the movie the wedding singer. we always say church tounge. lol im super shy and never even hold his hand in public so im so nervous that ill have to kiss him all night. ughl.... he bought these excort cards with bells so when they ring we have to kiss. he did it just to torture me lol.
  • lol this isn't silly at all. I think its sweet. We were nervous to kiss in front of everyone so we decided to just lean forward and do a sweet little smooch on the lips, no tongue, but not a peck either. At my aunt's wedding they kissed so fast that the photographer didn't get a picture of it! So we were afraid of that. We decided to count in our heads to 3 and then stop.

But at the actual ceremony he kissed my hand after he put on my ring (I KNOW!!!) and I was all in a tizzy over it.... My grandad is a minister and he officiated our wedding since he's done every wedding in the family, and he got so emotional during it that he forgot to tell us to kiss until he'd told everyone to rise so that we could walk out!!! lol! So everyone was standing up and waiting, and he was telling everyone how to get to the reception and finally my grandmother was like, "James! They haven't kissed yet!" So finally he told us we could kiss and when we did... well... we forgot about doing a demure little smooch. He turned to me and lifted up my veil so fast it knocked it loose, and when he kissed me it fell completely off. We didn't kiss with tongue but he just sort of held me against him for a few seconds because it was like I was just there and he didn't want to stop. And everyone was clapping and stuff so... it was just... sweet. I was 30 shades of red afterwards because everyone went "wooooo" when my veil fell off and my maid of honor was trying to help me with it. lol.

image image Visit The Nest!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards