Massachusetts-Boston
Options

How upset would you be?

We are (were maybe now) planning on using one of those all inculsive enterainment companies for our photography, photobooth, DJ, uplighting and videography needs. I like the idea of having everything in one place plus it saves us a ton of money. I booked them last weekend at a wedding show with the option of having 10 days to back out of the agreement. This would give me time to talk to FH and his mom who had already offered to pay for the cost of these services. Last night we were invited to a special event by them, it was a chance to meet the photographers, videographers and DJ's that were avaviable for anyone who recently booked with them to use. the event was at a function hall about 45 minutes away from where we live, FH had to leave work early and we had to arrange  a baby sitter for my son.  we invited his mom as well as some of the wedding party some of whom also had to arange childcare. I had first knowing that snow was in the forcast checked not only my e-mail (which I have been using to corespond with the manager all week) but also the company website to make sure the even was not canceled. it said nothing! Imagine my surprise then when we get there to find out that it was in fact CANCLED!!  At first I didnt think too much of it, but as I heard FH talk about how inconsiderate he thought it was and I heard future SIL talk about how she'd be angry I started to get a bit bothered to. What do you thinlk? Would you look into other companys? I know there are a few more like this in Boston, they were just the first I came across. Would you write an email expressing your feelings? I"m already pretty stressed and overwhelemd with all this wedding stuffed I feel like I dont need venders who are going to make the process even more difficult!! Thanks in advance for any advice!

Re: How upset would you be?

• Options
    lodonnell616lodonnell616 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    It was a pretty big storm and wasn't expected to be. Maybe you should have called them before making the trip. I have found sites for djs and stuff to not always be up to date. I don't really think its an indication of how their service is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree, I would have called first just to be sure it was happening. Were you the only ones there at the time it was supposed to start?
  • Options
    The wasn't any bad weather the night we drove there, and school wasn't even cancelled the next day. We live further North, maybe that's why it wasn't so bad? Anyway, I did end up contacting them and as it turns out I should have got a call about the cancellation, we have since sorted it out. Sorry it took so long to update!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards