Maryland-Baltimore

Knowledge from the Locals!!!!

Ladies,
My FI and I are from Harrisburg, PA.
We are getting married on 04/13,,,
Then we are honeymooning at the Harbour.
I need some amazing ideas for places to see,eat and visit.
Please send me your must see & do's....

Re: Knowledge from the Locals!!!!

• Steph250786Steph250786 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2013
    The Orioles are back in town from the 16th! Kali's Court is amazing for dinner - pricy but amazing! 
  • Kali's Mezze (right next to Kali's Court, mentioned by PP) is more affordable and super delicious. Love their lamb chops and stuffed grape leaves! Tapas Adela, also in Fells Point, is another super yummy dining spot.
    As for things to do, the BSO is always a good option. You could also see if there are any shows at the Lyric or the Hippodrome. For more local theater options, you can also check out Everyman and Center Stage. The Baltimore Museum of Art and Walters Art Gallery are also lovely.
     If it's a nice day, stroll through the Mt. Vernon neighborhood for some great architecture. head to The 13th floor (bar at the top of The Belveder Hotel) for a drink and amazing views of the city at night. Then head downstairs for a beer at The Owl Bar.
    Like beer? Go to The Brewer's Art for good food and great microbrews.
    Prefer wine? The wine list at Pazo is pretty good.
    Of course you should probably make a stop at Vacarros in Little Italy for pastries.
    And if you want a good view while eating steamed crabs, Bo Brooks is a pretty good option.
    If you like margaritas, head to Nacho Mamas in Canton for a hubcap margarita. Oh yeah! There is a bar right up the block from nacho mamas (I forget the name of said bar), but it has a DJ and dancing upstairs that is pretty fun. it's not mega crowded like a normal club would be, which is why I like to go there. no groping skeezy people to deal with. Win! If you prefer a more laid back drink, head across Canton square to Claddaghs and go upstasirs to theor front room. they have leather club chairs that invite you to put your feet up, sip a good martini, and chill.
    For great views of the harbor, it's worth the hike up Federal hill. The neighborhood nearby is also a good spot for browsing small shops and such. Cazbar is nearby. Go for the belly dancing show. 

Uhhh.... I'll probably be back for more brain-dumping later. lol 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_knowledge-from-the-locals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:85Discussion:6dc336fc-4e59-46c6-b419-c284b61ea09cPost:31824652-0d50-4666-8eb5-6efed1e46b5b">Re: Knowledge from the Locals!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kali's Mezze (right next to Kali's Court, mentioned by PP) is more affordable and super delicious. Love their lamb chops and stuffed grape leaves! Tapas Adela, also in Fells Point, is another super yummy dining spot. As for things to do, the BSO is always a good option. You could also see if there are any shows at the Lyric or the Hippodrome. For more local theater options, you can also check out Everyman and Center Stage. The Baltimore Museum of Art and Walters Art Gallery are also lovely.  If it's a nice day, stroll through the Mt. Vernon neighborhood for some great architecture. head to The 13th floor (bar at the top of The Belveder Hotel) for a drink and amazing views of the city at night. Then head downstairs for a beer at The Owl Bar. Like beer? Go to The Brewer's Art for good food and great microbrews. Prefer wine? The wine list at Pazo is pretty good. Of course you should probably make a stop at Vacarros in Little Italy for pastries. And if you want a good view while eating steamed crabs, Bo Brooks is a pretty good option. If you like margaritas, head to Nacho Mamas in Canton for a hubcap margarita. Oh yeah! There is a bar right up the block from nacho mamas (I forget the name of said bar), but it has a DJ and dancing upstairs that is pretty fun. it's not mega crowded like a normal club would be, which is why I like to go there. no groping skeezy people to deal with. Win! If you prefer a more laid back drink, head across Canton square to Claddaghs and go upstasirs to theor front room. they have leather club chairs that invite you to put your feet up, sip a good martini, and chill. For great views of the harbor, it's worth the hike up Federal hill. The neighborhood nearby is also a good spot for browsing small shops and such. Cazbar is nearby. Go for the belly dancing show.  Uhhh.... I'll probably be back for more brain-dumping later. lol 
    Posted by LoveKiss[/QUOTE]

Oh Wow, thank you !!!  Please keep the ideas coming....

Cyndi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards