Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Who is getting airbrush makeup?

My makeup artist says she will do airbrush bc it helps keep your face flawless even with the Vegas heat...but pictures ive seen it leaves a *dewy* finish. I have a oily T zone and dont want to look "wet" but i do want more of a flawless finish for pictures. I hear it lasts alot longer. Oh yea, and what are you ladies doing about lipstick/lip gloss for retouches? I want to be able to reapply obviously a little will come off when talking, first kiss, eating, etc...just wondering if you girls have experienced airbrush b4 and some help/ideas with retouching the lips!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Who is getting airbrush makeup?

• Options
    I'm getting airbrush for my makeup and I have never had it before. I am nervous, because I like full coverage and hope it covers good, I could careless about looking 'natural' lol I love makeup lol As far as lipstick and gloss, I know they will apply whatever lipstick on me, but I also have my lipstick, liner and gloss that I love that I will be carrying with me in my clutch for touchups :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_who-is-getting-airbrush-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:fe1d64da-2860-4cf1-8047-4e48bbed78e3Post:cb21b178-35a9-4384-a7cc-e6cc7a2f799a">Re: Who is getting airbrush makeup?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting airbrush for my makeup and I have never had it before. I am nervous, because I like full coverage and hope it covers good, I could careless about looking 'natural' lol I love makeup lol As far as lipstick and gloss, I know they will apply whatever lipstick on me, but I also have my lipstick, liner and gloss that I love that I will be carrying with me in my clutch for touchups :)
    Posted by fablove[/QUOTE]

Thats true, i can bring a favorite lipgloss & liner to touch up later....i was going to even ask the makeup artist if i can buy the remainder lol but y when i can bring my own to touch up whenever. And i am right with you with the full coverage look....i'm a full coverage girl so i hope airbrush isn't lighter...that was the hardest part was finding an artist that looks like she does more full coverage work. I found this girl Leila by SinCity Makeup and love her b4 and after pics on Yelp! Good ideas thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What month are you getting married? I had airbrush done and it lasted all day/night and looked pretty good. But we got married in April and it was chilly, no sweating or anything like that.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had airbrush makeup done at my trial in June last year. I was very clear that I wanted full coverage and my HMUA assured me it would be flawless. She was right. I ran around Vegas for the next 14 hours and my makeup still looked awesome at the end of the night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_who-is-getting-airbrush-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:fe1d64da-2860-4cf1-8047-4e48bbed78e3Post:eb4f850c-ac25-4f44-95be-ee50fe46353a">Re: Who is getting airbrush makeup?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had airbrush makeup done at my trial in June last year. I was very clear that I wanted full coverage and my HMUA assured me it would be flawless. She was right. I ran around Vegas for the next 14 hours and my makeup still looked awesome at the end of the night.
    Posted by Vanity8685[/QUOTE]

That's great to hear seeing I am using the same makeup company as you! I'll be sure to tell them full coverage too :)
  • Options
    Okay, perfect. Glad i made the choice for airbrush i want my makeup to stay ON as long as possible for pictures! :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am getting airbrush make up done too! I always have my make up on with full coverage! I am definitely not an all natural type of girl lol. I am hoping it looks flawless with my wedding being in May I know the weather can be warm but luckily its not at its hottest :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options
    I'm also getting airbrush and had a friend who had it for her wedding, and it looked amazing. I'm also getting eyelash extensions, which I'm super excited about because I've never had them. Trying to figure out what kind of look I want right now. Saving lots of pics of Jessica Simpson and some others, as I like her makeup when she's all done up. 
  • Options
    I had airbrush make-up done by Hamony.  It was fantastic.  Didn't budge all day. I didn't even worry about my lipstick.  Harmony even covered a scar on my leg with the airbrush makeup and you couldn't even tell it was there.

Fourteen hours later it still looked great and I spent a good chunk of time before bed scrubbing it all off!

I had airbrush done again two days later for my trash the dress shoot.  I took a few blasts from the water gun near my face and we splashed a little in Lake Mead and it was still perfect by the time we got back to the hotel.

Love airbrush makeup!
  • Options
    I posted something in an earlier post about this. I read online that one of the negatives about airbrush was that if you cry that it can cause light streaks. So you didn't have this issue? I wanted airbrush until I read this now worried.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I did airbrush last weekend. LOVE it.  I should have asked for more full coverage since I was dealing with some acne but really the airbrush did a great job covering and staying put. 

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
  • Options
    I have large pores will airbrushing cover this?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards