Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Gift Idea?

An old friend of mine is getting married.  We lost touch but recently reconnected.  I'd like to get her something.  Her registry is nearly complete.  Can you give me some ideas of interesting gifts, around the $50 range.  I want to avoid the typical gifts - i.e. picture frame... it's kind of boring and thoughtless to me.  I was thinking of a wine decanter... good idea?  Any other ideas out there?  Thanks!

Re: Gift Idea?

• Options
    Maybe just get her a gift card to the place she registered? Or for somewhere/something fun for her & her H to do together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Are they registered anywhere? Sometimes people will get 1-2 small things off a registry and then some things to play off of that. If they have a decanter on there, maybe you could get that, with a bottle of their favorite wine. A BM's got me my mixing bowl and whisks, then bought some pretty cupcake liners, and sprinkles, along with a recipe for vanilla cupcakes and a frosting recipe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    I'm a big fan of www.personalcreations.com... Whenever I give a wedding gift I give cash and about a $25 gift from here since virtually everything can have their name on it.  Most people have raved about what I've given and end up using the website for themselves.  And you can ALWAYS find coupon codes online...
  • Options
    I think a nice throw blanket could work.  Pick out a super soft one in a color that they will like.  I always like having an extra blanket like that around.  

I think a wine decanter is a nice gift if you know they like wine, but I would include a gift receipt in case they have one or don't want it.  WS has a white wine chiller thing if you wanted to do a wine-type gift.  
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    A gift certificate at a nearby spa for massage?

Membership to her nearby zoo or museum?

Movie ticket booklet for their nearby theatre?

A night out (two movie tickets and gift certificate to an old fashioned diner)?

Blown-glass or mercury glass holiday candle sticks, Manorah, or Christmas ornaments?

Omaha Steaks mail ordered?

Fruit of the Month 3 month membership?

A selection of flower bulbs or a rose bush for their garden? A beautiful houseplant in a nice, glazed ceramic pot (if they live in an apartment) - maybe pick a glaze that reflects their wedding color scheme?

Donation to their local animal hospital or whatever charity she would embrace?

A BUNCH of i-tune value, and a mix CD of music you guys used to listen to together?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards