Flowers
Options

Absolutey no idea!!

Hello ladies!
I am so lost and confused about flowers. I know I want all white flowers. I know I want to make everything myself and I know I want the bouquets and boutineer to be just baby's breath. That's about all I know. I want to make very simple centerpieces, just  small arrangement in a short, square glass vase. I know I don't want roses or tulips. I feel like I know more of that I don't want than what I do want. I'm getting married in August, so I know none of the bulb flowers will be in bloom. I really don't know names of flowers or anything. Maybe I should take the vase and just go make an arrangement at the grocery store so I have an idea of what I want? I don't know. Any advice is appreciated!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Absolutey no idea!!

• Options
    Hydrangeas are very simple and pretty. You should do a google or pinterest search to get some ideas.
  • Options
    White hydrangeas could be nice for your simple centerpieces.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Look at the Costco online white rose package for ideas.
  • Options

pinterest has lots of great ideas! I was at a reception where they had taken a tall vase, you can use short, and just filled it with baby's breath. You can use marbles, rock, etc to help stablize it in the vase. very easy and elegant
    Tisha

• Options
    Why not make the centerpieces out of babies breath too?     A low cluster of babies breath in a simple square vases with a handful of river stones on the bottom would be really pretty. 
  • Options
    I would do a Calla Lily and baby breath

Hydrangea and baby breath

Asiatic Lily and Baby breath

Anemones are also really pretty but I'm not sure if white ones are available in August.

• Options

Thanks everyone!! I definitely want to use baby's breath in my centerpieces too, I just didn't think anyone else would like the idea of ONLY baby's breath! I think I'll go to Costco and try making an arrangement with baby's breath and see what I can come up with! Thank you so much for your input! I have a direction now! Lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

baby's breath flower means everlasting love and that is why I wanted it for all the boquets and corsages and centerpieces at our Rustic wedding, when I met with the florist she said, oh........I've never done that or seen that. You want all baby's breath?? Which made me feel like I had made a very bad decision. She told me to go home and think about it. Well I did go home and think about it and I never went back. I thought to myself, I will have whatever I want and if you dont like it or want to do it, because it will be cheap, then I will go somewhere else.  Well, I have decided against the baby's breath only because my sister-MOH is allergic to it and I have no idea what I will do for flowers but, whatever it is I will do it because I want to.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards