Georgia-Atlanta

Vinewood event center closed by the county

One of my friends sent this to me this morning -- hoping that only limited brides are affected by it -- the county closed the facility since the owners didn't following the majority of the laws and didn't even have a business license.  Very sad for the brides who were expecting their wedding to be there!

Re: Vinewood event center closed by the county

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_vinewood-event-center-closed-by-the-county?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:9ca10b54-9090-4125-ab61-00bc28d12ea2Post:3dbc3d07-1647-47b9-bb88-de74cd847402">Vinewood event center closed by the county</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of my friends sent this to me this morning -- hoping that only limited brides are affected by it -- the county closed the facility since the owners didn't following the majority of the laws and didn't even have a business license.  Very sad for the brides who were expecting their wedding to be there! <a href="http://www.times-herald.com/local/505648-20130418CCC_VinewoodEvents-SQ" rel="nofollow">http://www.times-herald.com/local/505648-20130418CCC_VinewoodEvents-SQ</a>
    Posted by haleightibbs[/QUOTE]

oh my!  My daughter originally wanted to get married there and they were booked.  Her wedding is May 4th. We would be devastated if we had gone with them.   I'm so sorry for all of those brides that this will affect!!
  • WHOA! this is crazy! I was looking into this facility also. My wedding isn't until next year, but  WOW! Thanks for the update.
  • From what I heard Vinewood only has to meet a few requirements and it will be reissued their business license. The owner said it should only be closed a week or maybe two. Here's to hoping!
  • For the brides sake, I would hope that it would be completed that quickly too but the list of violations from building, fire codes, health department, and even the Georgia DOT doesn't sound like something that can be completed in a couple weeks.  

I'm just blown away....

• I had my reception there last month with Vinewood knowing of all of these violations and not operating with a license, from what I hear they have been fined for weddings since Feb 15th.  They lied to the community and to the brides that have booked with them.  Brides BEWARE of this place, complete NIGHTMARE to work with.  If it hadn't been for my vendors my wedding day would have been ruined.  They guys that own this place have a severe LACK of what customer service is.  This is a beautiful place to get married but, the people who own it have made it a place to run from.

From the wedding business buzz around town, these violations will keep them closed longer than a few weeks. I really feel for the bride who had her wedding 2 Fridays ago and had her guest arrive to the local Sherriff's department condemning the barn, I would have flown off the handle it if were my day.  As for the brides since being closed down Vinewood from what I have heard has had to pay for other event spots locally for the brides.  I am a Vinewood bride and hope that this will help others from going through the stress I went through thanks to the owners.  To me this is KARMA for Vinewood.
  • Well, even the article above, referring to the hearing, states that it should only be closed for 1-2 weeks.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards