Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

nephews in the ceremony

Does anyone have ideas for including boys in the ceremony?  I have 2 nephews- ages 6 and 3.  My fiancee has a nephew aged 4 and a niece aged 2.  She will be the flower girl but not sure about the 3 boys.  ONe could be a ring bearer. I have seen the bells ringing and the signs, but trying to think of something else for them to do- any ideas?

Re: nephews in the ceremony

• I'm not a fan of creating roles for people. If you don't automatically know what they could do, don't have them in the ceremony. Not everyone needs to be "included" in the wedding. Take pics with them and call it a day. I also think 2 is too young to be a flower girl. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_nephews-in-the-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:9552879e-0ddf-407b-bb07-b613e6739eaePost:4f96a6f7-d3b3-4888-aa88-44af3efd890c">Re: nephews in the ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not a fan of creating roles for people. If you don't automatically know what they could do, don't have them in the ceremony. Not everyone needs to be "included" in the wedding. Take pics with them and call it a day. I also think 2 is too young to be a flower girl. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of this. Please reconsider.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • For kids that young, I would just take pictures with them and not "include" them in the ceremony.  They don't understand what's happening and the wedding involves unfamiliar people and non-routine things, and there is no guarantee that they will "appreciate" it down the road if you try to make them do more than be in pictures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards