New York-Long Island

Rehersal dinner near Huntington or Melville

Hi Ladies,
I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a good (and ideally reasonably priced) restaurant in the Huntington area.  My guests are staying that the Marriott in Melville so anywhere within a 20ish minute drive from there would be great. 

Re: Rehersal dinner near Huntington or Melville

• oh wow there are about 4000 restarautns. what's reasonable? what type of food? where's the rehearsal? 

• There isn't a rehersal b/c the wedding is at a venue that does the "rehersal" like 30 minutes prior to the ceremony.  So a location somewhat near the marriot would be ideal.

Reasonable is not $45 dollars per person - which seems to be the quotes i've been getting in that area (including wine).  I'd prefer some sort of family style italian, but honestly I just want some good food, and don't want to spend $2000 on a dinner.

• as far as family style there's one in plainview on old country road with a private back room. the name escapes me but it's on the south side of the road just west of the 135 if anyone else knows the name.

45 seems reasonable though. are your expectations realistic? dinner and wine and gratuity-$45 is a good price.

you'll have 44 people at this dinner for $2,000 at 45/person. 44 people? is this true?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_rehersal-dinner-near-huntington-or-melville?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:8165c4ef-e3ca-4c78-beda-5ce6ddadf335Post:5a559398-4045-4aa6-99b6-9d724cdb18a3">Re: Rehersal dinner near Huntington or Melville</a>:
    [QUOTE]as far as family style there's one in plainview on old country road with a private back room. the name escapes me but it's on the south side of the road just west of the 135 if anyone else knows the name. 45 seems reasonable though. are your expectations realistic? dinner and wine and gratuity-$45 is a good price. you'll have 44 people at this dinner for $2,000 at 45/person. 44 people? is this true?
    Posted by alithebride[/QUOTE]

The one on Old Country Road in Plainview with the private back room is called "La Famiglia" and it's EXCELLENT.  I think they will be within your budget but you must ask them NOT to ask your guests if they want a drink from the bar.  This is what will turn your dinner from a $1000 dinner to a $2500 dinner.  If you're specific, they will respect your request and you might be able to tell them to include wine only or beer only. The place is pretty, the service is excellent and the food is amazing.
  • Thanks everyone!
  • I believe we went to an engagement party at 4? in huntington...check that out, the food was awesome and the place resembled that of a nyc lounge.
    Just Married Photo
  • i don't know if this reply is too late, but i know that "Ravagh Persian Grill" in the village of huntington (15-20min max from the Marriott) has a beautiful decor, very elegant and the food is absolutely exquisite! 

i'm going to have my bridal shower there (because i don't have a bridal party, or a traditional ceremony so therefore no RD for us)

i went there to eat and fell in love with the ambiance! i told my mother and sister that when they plan the shower, that is where i want it! LOL

plus, their prices are *very* reasonable!! great staff!! a plethora of red/white wines!
    owner is a sweetheart. ask for Matt. tell him the "april 2014 bridal shower bride-to-be" recommended his restaurant! they welcome referrals hugely. 

with all that said, it is not italian as u mentioned, but the food is so different and tasty! 

wish u all the best of luck with planning and the wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards