Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Pittsburgh Themed Out-of-Towner Bags Advice

Hello Pittsburghers -
Any advice on out-of-towner bags? I wanted to stuff it w/ some local Pittsburgh things.

This is what I am targeting (depending on price)
- IC LIGHT (CANS FOR EA. GUEST)
- SNYDER POTATO CHIPS OR HERR'S W/ HEINZ KETCHUP FLAVOR
- HERSHEY BARS OR SARRIS (IF I CAN FIND SARRIS ON SALE)
- A CPL OF MINI SMILEY COOKIES
- HEINZ PICKLE PINS

Does anyone have anything else that is cute that I should include? Anything I can get inexpensively?

Re: Pittsburgh Themed Out-of-Towner Bags Advice

• Options
    At Mon Aimee Chocolates down in the Strip, they sell small pieces of chocolate with images of the city on the wrapper. I believe they're $.55 each. You may also want to check at the Visit Pittsburgh office on Penn Ave., downtown. They have a lot of Pittsburgh themed items for sale there and you should also be able to pick up some brochures or visitor's guides to put in the gift bags.
  • Options
    I think you have more than enough! But if you want to add something small would be a Pittsburgh map. I got mine through the Visit Pittsburgh office downtown. And they're free!
  • Options
    VickiK17VickiK17 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Your ideas are really cute! I might steal some ;) ESP the smiley cookie idea!

Instead of Snyders..my SIL did "Pittsburgh Pretzels". The out of town guests loved them.
  • Options
    I did Welcome Bags and we included:
    1- Water bottle, with a little bag tied around it that had a packet of Emergen-C, mints, and a travel packet of Tylenol. I put a sticker on the bag that said "Hangover Helper"
    2- Snyder pretzels and a granola bar
    3- Sarris Chocolate Bar (I called and got the bars that are similar to what they use for fundraisers, they were $1 each and were a pretty nice size. You have the option to get plain milk chocolate, peanut butter bar, salted pretzel bar, etc. our guests LOVED them)
    4- I made a welcome packet with info on the weekend events, map, etc. and on the last page for something fun I added a "Pittsburghese" page which I heard from a lot of the OOT guests they enjoyed reading and noticed that I say a lot of the words!
    5- One Smiley cookie that I put in a cello bag and taped with Washi tape
    6- Pittsburgh Visitor brochure

All of this cost about $5/bag because I got the water on sale at Giant Eagle and the chips/granola bars at Sams.

I also made this Pinterest board when I was trying to plan out what to put in the bags, so maybe this will help you ladies!
    http://pinterest.com/caitlynmk/welcome/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You Pgh ladies are amazing! Thanks for the great tips!
  • Options
    postcard with a pic of the city would be a nice place to jot down a little 'welcome - enjoy your stay' message 
  • Options
    These are great ideas!  I didn't know Heinz chips existed, I must get those!  I'm also planning on: mini smiley, bottle of market district ice tea, printout with Pittsburghese, and mini Clark bars from S&S candy. 
  • Options
    I second the postcard suggestion. I was just at the little mall at station square today and several of the shops there had Pittsburgh postcards. I think they were 3/$1. Who doesn't love a nice postcard?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards