Arkansas

Reception in Hot Springs, AR

Hey all! I'm new to this and am looking for some advice. I've been engaged about a month and I've already decided to have our wedding at the Anthony Chapel in Garvan Woodland Gardens in Hot Springs, AR. It'll be May 18, 2013. We were thinking of having our reception at the Pavilion in the Gardens but was curious if anyone else had done it there? Did you like it? The woman told us it has started leaking, which makes me nervous, as we would not have a back up plan if it did rain that day. Any receommendations for other places for a reception in Hot Springs?

Re: Reception in Hot Springs, AR

• I don't know much about Hot Springs for weddings, but I do know Arkansas Bride magazine has a brand new Hot Springs guide:
    http://www.inarkansas.com/article/arkansas-bride/31673/hot-springs-wedding-planner-the-newest-addition-to-arkansas-bride
  • I am using the Old Mill Wedding Chapel and am super excited about it.  The indoor reception area is pre-decorated and gorgous, plus the is a garden outside that you can use as well.  We thought about using Garvin Gardens, but decided I that their was too much red tape and things about using it that made the whole process too complicated and worrisome for me.
  • Thank you ladies for your advice! After looking a few other places, I think I want somewhere else other than the pavilion for the reception. I have called Clarion on the Lake, The Porterhouse Club and The Magnolia Room at the Arlington Hotel. Do any of you know anything about these?

• jlk67jlk67 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Hi,

We got married at Anthony Chapel in 2009.  We rented the room at the Elks Lodge for our reception.  They were great to work with and we had plenty of room.
  • The Regency is also really nice. They have a website so you can look at pictures and there is a number to call for contact information. I've been to Clarion on the Lake. The reception room is on the top floor, it's surrounded by glass windows which is really pretty because it overlooks lake Hamilton. The banquet room's carpet is a little "bleh" and by that I mean it's faded but very colorful. The colors have a potential to clash with wedding colors, especially if you're wanting to stick with neutral colors. But honestly if your reception is decorated well enough and the guests are having a good time, there is no reason for them to notice something like carpet. It was personally just a turn-off for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arkansas_reception-in-hot-springs-ar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:76Discussion:edd20fe6-fb95-487f-9a49-c47586ab2306Post:e42739b1-5cc6-4502-9d12-2ee88db36b2a">Re: Reception in Hot Springs, AR</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you ladies for your advice! After looking a few other places, I think I want somewhere else other than the pavilion for the reception. I have called Clarion on the Lake, The Porterhouse Club and The Magnolia Room at the Arlington Hotel. Do any of you know anything about these?
    Posted by One Smart Bride[/QUOTE]

I am an event planner in Hot Springs. I find the most popular locations for a reception are now the Regency as well as the Ozark Bathhouse.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards