Wedding Party

No bridesmaid but 2 groomsmen

Hi everyone! I'm getting married in 32 days. I was planning on having 2 bridesmaid, my 2 cousins that I grew up with but they are both from out of town as in live in another country. And I just found out both their visas applications got denied so I've been left with no bridesmaid just a month from the wedding thanks for nothing Canada. He's had his groomsmen picked out pretty much since we got engaged and they already have their outfits picked out and everything so we can't tell them that we aren't having a bridal party anymore, that wouldn't be fair to them or to my FI. I have some female friends but none that are that close that I would want them as bridesmaid and I don't have any sisters. Plus I feel is to late to be asking anyone to be part of the bridal party. I have closer male friends and a brother but again my friends are from out of town so that's a no again. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to make it work having no bridesmaid and 2 groomsmen. Any one?

Re: No bridesmaid but 2 groomsmen

• Do not ask anyone else to be in your bridal party.  At this point it will just seem like you are filling in the empty spots and that you are just using them for props, because if you had really wanted them to be a part of your wedding you would have asked them months ago.

As for how it will work with 2 GM and no BM.  For the processional, the guys could be standing up front at the alter and then you will walk down the aisle.  For the recessional, you and your FI walk up the aisle and the GM can either walk out side by side or one right after the other.  Easy peasy.

• Good call, Maggie!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_no-bridesmaid-but-2-groomsmen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:a8b6b238-1a78-4aad-8d77-41042b47efc4Post:a15fab23-221c-4dcd-a875-2eb3a0f5237d">Re: No bridesmaid but 2 groomsmen</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do not ask anyone else to be in your bridal party.  At this point it will just seem like you are filling in the empty spots and that you are just using them for props, because if you had really wanted them to be a part of your wedding you would have asked them months ago. As for how it will work with 2 GM and no BM.  For the processional, the guys could be standing up front at the alter and then you will walk down the aisle.  For the recessional, you and your FI walk up the aisle and the GM can either walk out side by side or one right after the other.  Easy peasy.
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • would it look odd if he had 2 people standing beside him but I have no one?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_no-bridesmaid-but-2-groomsmen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:a8b6b238-1a78-4aad-8d77-41042b47efc4Post:7d316073-e5c3-4472-a4a3-2678361d23da">Re: No bridesmaid but 2 groomsmen</a>:
    [QUOTE]would it look odd if he had 2 people standing beside him but I have no one?
    Posted by himarcy[/QUOTE]

Nope.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_no-bridesmaid-but-2-groomsmen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:a8b6b238-1a78-4aad-8d77-41042b47efc4Post:0924b565-1b8b-49eb-832a-f54fd5c8a529">No bridesmaid but 2 groomsmen</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone! I'm getting married in 32 days. I was planning on having 2 bridesmaid, my 2 cousins that I grew up with but they are both from out of town as in live in another country. And I just found out both their visas applications got denied so I've been left with no bridesmaid just a month from the wedding thanks for nothing Canada. He's had his groomsmen picked out pretty much since we got engaged and they already have their outfits picked out and everything so we can't tell them that we aren't having a bridal party anymore, that wouldn't be fair to them or to my FI. I have some female friends but none that are that close that I would want them as bridesmaid and I don't have any sisters. Plus I feel is to late to be asking anyone to be part of the bridal party. I have closer male friends and a brother but again my friends are from out of town so that's a no again. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of how to make it work having no bridesmaid and 2 groomsmen. Any one?

don't ask anyone to be a bridesmaid.

i actually went to a wedding where there were only groomsmen. i think it was called a king's wedding. the best man walked the mother down the aisle and the groomsmen all followed after and stood by the grooms side.
    Posted by himarcy[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards