Colorado-Denver
Options

Affordable wedding photographer?

I'm getting married in Denver and just saw this post on craigslist and was curious if this is a good route to go? It seems like a great photographer so far. I just sent them an email and hope to hear back soon. I'm on a super tight budget, but photos are SO important to me... What do you guys think?

http://denver.craigslist.org/evs/3676726338.html

Re: Affordable wedding photographer?

• Options
    I would be slightly wary of hiring your photographer from Craigslist if pics are super important to you. She does look like she has good work though!! Check out abc dj, they do djs, videography and photography they have an all inclusive deal that seemed very reasonable. I have a few others I know of from bridal shows I've attended, if you don't mind sharing your photographer budget I can possibly suggest more.
  • Options
    Thanks for your response! I actually heard back from her and she seems awesome. My budget is around $1500 and she said she is able to work with that. So, I am meeting her this weekend. Yay! She mentioned the only reason she is using craigslist is because she just moved here from Texas and is building her client base... So, she is willing to give a great deal while she's starting out. Her usual packages start at $3500.  (Lucky me!)

And, thanks for the recommendation, but I don't think I am going to do a DJ or Video. I have a friend who does video and we are just going to make a ipod playlist for the reception. It's so small and there won't be much dancing.. So, a DJ would probably be overkill.

Thanks again for your help!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_affordable-wedding-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:59Discussion:81d6eb2f-12f0-4271-91d3-89b152c12edfPost:3dfc36de-324b-4de3-aafd-414fea00be3b">Re: Affordable wedding photographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would be slightly wary of hiring your photographer from Craigslist if pics are super important to you. She does look like she has good work though!! Check out abc dj, they do djs, videography and photography they have an all inclusive deal that seemed very reasonable. I have a few others I know of from bridal shows I've attended, if you don't mind sharing your photographer budget I can possibly suggest more.
    Posted by Brittywest05[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I would make sure that those are her photos on that listing, I find it a bit odd that there isn't some sort of logo. Usually when photographers know your going to post the photos online they will give you "web ready" photos that have their logo for that exact reason that others steal them and use them as their own.

Other than that I would make sure to get a good contract, one you fully agree with
  • Options
    You don't mention when you are getting married, but Roe Photography is affordable and does GREAT work!  He also gives you the rights to all the pictures he takes, which is awesome.  I agree with the other posters, get it in writing and make sure the contract is enforceable.

Good luck and best wishes.

http://www.roephotography.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards