Wedding Party

Need help on Bridesmaids Colors

I'm having a summer wedding, and wearing a lace dress.  I can't decide on Bridesmaids colors as I am really not too fussy.  Mine and my fiancee's favorite color is green, however i can't seem to find a green that i like for summer.  I love the idea of pastels for the summer, with my lace dress- soft and romantic and gray for the men.  But i also love Teals and Hot Pinks, thinking Maids in Teal and flower girl and junior maids in Pink?  Opinions Please! 

Re: Need help on Bridesmaids Colors

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2013
    What is a junior maid?

David's Bridal Jade (teal) or Kelly (bright green) would look just fine for summer.

You could do a few pops of pink in the flowers, then.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Browse_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Color?colorName=Jade

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Browse_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Shop-By-Color?colorName=Kelly

ETA: I just wanted to say that I only suggested David's Bridal, as it's really our only solid option in the Milwaukee area. Yeah, there are some bridal salons in the area but they tend to be exclusive and stuffy when it comes to bridesmaids. Let me know if you need/want suggestions from other bridesmaid brands.
  • There is no such thing as a junior maid. They are all bridesmaids. They all do the same thing. I like those dresses MS suggested. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Lkk1019Lkk1019 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I really like the Jade color, i hadn't seen that shade.
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-help-on-bridesmaids-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:d6a98d81-6e87-4b73-b280-1ed0a2a2e9fbPost:9aa9250f-24b2-4a21-a662-1264805809e4">Re: Need help on Bridesmaids Colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]A Junior Bridesmaid is a Bridesmaid usually between 9 and 14 - too old to be a flower girl, but too young to be a full fledged Bridesmaid. (we are having our nieces, so they can be a part of the day, but I don't expect them to help with wedding detail and showers, etc.).  I really like the Jade color, i hadn't seen that shade.
    Posted by Lkk1019[/QUOTE]
    We know what one is. We ask b/c it's a silly name.  Nobody is too young to be a "full fledged bridesmaid" b/c they all do the same thing. Nobody over 5 is too young to hold flowers, walk, and smile. You shouldn't expect ANY of your bridesmaids to help with showers and wedding details. If they offer, great, but it is not a requirement and should never be expected. <div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Tacking 'Jr' onto the BM title is redundant and unecessary.  It's like putting "kid" on a kid's shirt, or a post-it saying "lamp' on a lamp.  It's as if brides are worried that people can't tell a 10 year old without explicit labels.

The kid is doing the same exact thing as everyone else up there, and probably would be super honored if you treated them as an equal. 

As far as color is concerned, I've always been a fan of corals in the summer.  They go fabulously with greys as well.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-help-on-bridesmaids-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:d6a98d81-6e87-4b73-b280-1ed0a2a2e9fbPost:b4a85468-c224-49ff-b892-2e59e3bf67a7">Re:Need help on Bridesmaids Colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Someone asked what one was and I told them. It is a real thing whether you personally like the title or not, it is an actual bridal party title look it up! Thank you to those that actually answered my question! I was only referring to the younger girls as JR in the post because they are going to have different dresses than the older girls and wanted to make that known in my post. I'm not putting an 8 year old in a strapless gown so she feels the same as the big girls. I'm going to try and find less expensive dresses for the "young maids" and the same color would be too hard to match from different designers, I'm trying to save my maids money as one family will have 4 people in the wedding. Color suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
    Posted by Lkk1019[/QUOTE]
    Who do you think controls "actual bridal party" titles exactly? 

• I think summers colors should be bright, in my opinion. I like bright colors and that teal Jade color is very nice too and you can have pink flowers to match, also make sure the color looks nice on the your girls too, some color on skin tones make have people look washed out, like yellows don't look good on all people like myself, you want guest to notice your bridesmaid not just there dresses. Purples and plums usually go nice with all skin tones. Good Luck.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-help-on-bridesmaids-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:d6a98d81-6e87-4b73-b280-1ed0a2a2e9fbPost:a797d80c-2bf6-485b-9bdd-21f075a42858">Re: Need help on Bridesmaids Colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think summers colors should be bright, in my opinion. I like bright colors and that teal Jade color is very nice too and you can have pink flowers to match, also make sure the color looks nice on the your girls too, some color on skin tones make have people look washed out, like yellows don't look good on all people like myself, you want guest to notice your bridesmaid not just there dresses. Purples and plums usually go nice with all skin tones. Good Luck.
    Posted by slgirl21[/QUOTE]

Thank you!  That is what i was thinking too, I originally wanted pastels, but was going to do more of a spring wedding. Now that it is a summer wedding I was thinking brighter colors.  Plus, I do have two girls that don't I envision probably looking washed out in pastels.
  • eh, I was a jr. bridesmaid when I was 12.  The dress was age appropriate for a 12 yr old,while the bridesmaids wore an appropriate adult-like dress.  But yes, regardless if you are a flower girl, jr or bridemaid you all  do all the same thing.  Was not offended to be a Jr. Bridesmaid and as a 12 year old girl I loved it.

the computer does not do it justice, but alfred angelo has a really pretty lighter shade of green called "clover" that is gorgeous!  Or a light pink or violet would compliment green nicely if you wanted to add a variety of color.  

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards