Ohio-Cincinnati

Beware of Marxey Makeup!

I am only posting this because I wish someone would of wrote a review like this before I booked her. Where do I begin? Michelle Marx is a liar. She lied to me about air brush make up. She lied to me about airbrush make up for my sister. She lied to me and my mom about bringing 4 or 5 other girls to help do 8 updos the day of the wedding. Instead she brought 1 person with her. And the girl could only curl hair! We were at least 4 hours behind on my timeline for the wedding day. I was an hour later then I anticipated but she could of easily did one or two of the 7 others. My daughter was the flower girl. She just rushed through her hair. Her hair was curlier and cutier for her preschool picture then on her mother and father's wedding day!! I was not happy with it at all. Her organization was awful. My sisters didn't even get to get into any photos of helping me get in my dress because they weren't ready. Let's not mention that she was a total witch to my stepdad and others that day because SHE was so behind. But that didn't stop her and her helper from taking a few smoke breaks. She said her assistant called off at 2am. But what about the other 4 girls she said she'd bring?! She lied to my bridesmaids, mother, and photographer by stating I never gave her an end date. Which I have screen shots of her text messages that clearly state when girls needed to be ready. I asked for her assistance on when to start. And boy was she wrong. My sister was barely ready before it was time to take group shots. My photos were rushed. Her make up brushes smelled like smoke. And lets not forget she rescheduled my trial three times?! I should of known then but had already paid in full like an idoit. I will give her the face that she did great on the bridesmaids hair and my makeup. But all the other crap she pulled took away from all of that. Trust me, use someone else!!! It has been more then 4 months since my wedding and I am still upset. And my mom is even more upset. Maybe finally reviewing my vendors and posting this will bring some closure! I wish I read a review like this before I booked her. Instead I trusted the raves about her on the knot and this very board. :(

Re: Beware of Marxey Makeup!

• Wow, I am so sorry. Thanks for letting us know. I will look elsewhere. 
  • Gia2Gia2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_beware-of-marxey-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:2609a641-5800-45cf-a896-e39807214135Post:1022de87-3a10-46fd-a5ec-41f5be410ede">Re: Beware of Marxey Makeup!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, I am so sorry. Thanks for letting us know. I will look elsewhere. 
    Posted by SES2014Bride[/QUOTE]

So sorry about your experience. No bride should go through that! Thanks for sharing.
  • Thats crazy Ive never had that experience with them I'm sorry that happend to you.
  • I would stay away too!! I was so surprised with my experience with her because she had soooo many positive reviews. I had to change my person a couple of months before my wedding after booking her almost a year ahead of time. She completely lacked professionalism and dependability. 
    That is the true season of love when we believe that we alone can love, that no one could have ever loved as much before, and that no one will ever love in the same way again
  • I'm sorry to hear that. I had a great experience with her. :-\
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_beware-of-marxey-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:2609a641-5800-45cf-a896-e39807214135Post:63490e37-dfcd-4a43-9189-07fb044328d7">Re: Beware of Marxey Makeup!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry to hear that. I had a great experience with her. :-\
    Posted by BrightFirefly[/QUOTE]

<div>So sorry you had issues with your hair and makeup- on all days! I do want to use this chance to remind everyone reading that hair & makeup artists are no different than any other wedding vendor; you should ALWAYS have a signed contract detailing the work that is to be done (Number of people, makeup only or hair also, staying through reception or not, etc...) and how many assistants the artist will be bringing, if any. Start and end times should be on there, total costs, etc...

Of course, emergencies happen, but it sounds like you were the victim of more than that. There's no excuse for surprises of that magnitude on your wedding day (or for smoke-scented brushes, but that's another topic!)</div>
  •  This post is almost slander if you ask me, and not the experience I had with her as well. I Loved Michelle and what she did I just booked her for my wedding and found her to be so helpful & talented.
  • @ashwood. It can't be slander if it's her own experience. I've read other experiences with her that weren't stellar.

@amberd, I am so sorry you had that experience on your big day. It sounds horrible. Hopefully this will help you heal and be able to move forward. I had a couple of horrible experiences for my 1st wedding so I understand how it feels. Try to look back on all of the positives. I bet you still looked beautiful in spite of it all. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Slander is spoken. Libel is written. Just saying. And it's neither if the statements are true. This is a site where brides often review their vendors. That was my experience. After I wrote her reviews it made it easier to move on. It was also my hope to help other brides not make the same mistakes I did. Booking someone not accredited by the Better Business Bureau, paying in full before the trial, and not having the details in writing of the number of hairdressers and exact make up services. Thank you everyone for your kind words!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards