B: Starbucks reduce fat turkey bacon sando and med coffee- 255
L: Huge salad with chicken, cheese, ranch, and bww sauce- 289
D: Homemade chicken wraps- 429

I have a greek yogurt for a snack if I am hungry- 100 cals

E. Rain again today.

ETA: Bottle Caps- 60, Pretzel M&Ms 75.

Re: Thirsty Thursday Accountability

• Options
    B: Protein smoothie- strawberries, banana, spinach, grapefruit, vanilla whey, & chia.- 264
    L: Turkey with squash- 210
    S: cucumbers, apple, PB2 spread-160
    D: Panera!  YP2 Soup and Salad- 480

E. Rest day, going MOB dress shopping with my mom!
  • Options
    I've hesitated in posting this a few times because I really don't want to come off as preachy but I"ve notice in the accountability threads most people seem to have REALLY low calorie totals for the day, like 1200 or under.  This really isn't a good way to diet.  It's not healthy and can be counter productive.  Again, I'm not trying to be preachy, just concerned over my fellow brides doing more damage than good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_thirst-thursday-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:ab623dc4-df7f-4f48-b8a2-3dea1b5e77abPost:457721e4-9d9c-467c-9f25-af1fb41b1f5b">Re: Thirsty Thursday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've hesitated in posting this a few times because I really don't want to come off as preachy but I"ve notice in the accountability threads most people seem to have REALLY low calorie totals for the day, like 1200 or under.  This really isn't a good way to diet.  It's not healthy and can be counter productive.  Again, I'm not trying to be preachy, just concerned over my fellow brides doing more damage than good.
    Posted by LilyASF42[/QUOTE]

Lily, it all differs based on a person's specific stats (height, weight, etc) but you bring up a good point that I hope is obviously to any one looking at these threads- you can't copy someone else's menu alone. 

A lot of us use resources like WW or MFP.  MFP actually will recommend your calorie goals based on what information you input and your weight loss goals.  Mine is 1200.  I typically eat more than that, but posting this early in the morning, I can only write what my plan is for the day.  Depending on how tough of a workout I do, I eat more.

I highly recommend tracking resources, from someone who lost 80 lbs on WW, you don't realize what you're putting in your mouth half the time without the accountability.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_thirst-thursday-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:ab623dc4-df7f-4f48-b8a2-3dea1b5e77abPost:457721e4-9d9c-467c-9f25-af1fb41b1f5b">Re: Thirsty Thursday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've hesitated in posting this a few times because I really don't want to come off as preachy but I"ve notice in the accountability threads most people seem to have REALLY low calorie totals for the day, like 1200 or under.  This really isn't a good way to diet.  It's not healthy and can be counter productive.  Again, I'm not trying to be preachy, just concerned over my fellow brides doing more damage than good.

I net 1200 cals a day. I have researched it several times. I run several miles a week. I am only 5'1. I can't eat more than that or I will be heavier. I have also had this discussion with my doctor. This isn't a you must eat this or must eat that because you posted it. I watch what I eat 1. I am hypoglycemic, 2. it makes me accountable so I actually eat enough (<strong>women should never NET under 1200 cals</strong>). 3. when I do exercise, I eat to make up for the deficit I did have from working out.

I am not under weight nor am I over weight. I was over weight, but I lost it in a healthy fashion, not by starvation.

These posts aren't meant to have people under eat, and if you go back through them, I did mention to one knottie that she needs to eat more. Its more of a lets make sure we are eating healthy. Its not a diet, its a life style choice too btw.

• Options
    you are absolutely right, everyone will differ depending on height, size, etc.  i just want to make sure everyone is doign it right and not harming themselves.  an excellent start in my opinion is to find you're bmr and make sure you never eat below that. 

apologies if i seem obnoxious, esp since i'm not even participating on this site for diet (I use another calorie counting website), but I've seen many people go about weight loss very wrong with very bad results and i just hate seeing it happen over and over again.  i'll shut my trap now :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SimplyME22SimplyME22 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Answer
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_thirst-thursday-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:ab623dc4-df7f-4f48-b8a2-3dea1b5e77abPost:503774b5-52aa-4ec3-816d-a5f2d0f3a3c8">Re: Thirsty Thursday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]you are absolutely right, everyone will differ depending on height, size, etc.  i just want to make sure everyone is doign it right and not harming themselves.  an excellent start in my opinion is to find you're bmr and make sure you never eat below that.  apologies if i seem obnoxious, esp since i'm not even participating on this site for diet (I use another calorie counting website), but I've seen many people go about weight loss very wrong with very bad results and i just hate seeing it happen over and over again.  i'll shut my trap now :-)

Lily, I think you bring up a great point, regardless.  You were will to say something, there may be people reading these posts that don't participate that think you have to eat under a certain threshold.  So thank you for bringing it up.  I don't find it obnoxious at all!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_thirst-thursday-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:ab623dc4-df7f-4f48-b8a2-3dea1b5e77abPost:503774b5-52aa-4ec3-816d-a5f2d0f3a3c8">Re: Thirsty Thursday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]you are absolutely right, everyone will differ depending on height, size, etc.  i just want to make sure everyone is doign it right and not harming themselves.  an excellent start in my opinion is to find you're bmr and make sure you never eat below that.  apologies if i seem obnoxious, esp since i'm not even participating on this site for diet (I use another calorie counting website), but I've seen many people go about weight loss very wrong with very bad results and i just hate seeing it happen over and over again.  i'll shut my trap now :-)

Also, stop using the word diet. I am not on a diet, same with half the people that post on the accountability threads. I am tracking to stay healthy. If I feel I want a shake from McDonald's I look it up on MFP. That makes my decision and I pass and get fruit or veggies instead. Every 3000 cals consumed at once is a lb gained.

We don't use TK to track calories, we use TK to keep accountable of what we eat and make it public so people can say, hey, thats not good for you. Most use calorie counting websites. Look at my post yesterday to the knottie that keeps eating Healthy Choice for dinner, those are horrible for you. They say they are "healthy" but are full of preservatives and other additives to make them taste "good".

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_thirst-thursday-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:ab623dc4-df7f-4f48-b8a2-3dea1b5e77abPost:7d3fa9d4-c427-47b0-9ba6-d916adbb9ec9">Re: Thirsty Thursday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thirsty Thursday Accountability : I net 1200 cals a day. I have researched it several times. I run several miles a week. I am only 5'1. I can't eat more than that or I will be heavier. I have also had this discussion with my doctor. This isn't a you must eat this or must eat that because you posted it. I watch what I eat 1. I am hypoglycemic, 2. it makes me accountable so I actually eat enough ( women should never NET under 1200 cals ). 3. when I do exercise, I eat to make up for the deficit I did have from working out. I am not under weight nor am I over weight. I was over weight, but I lost it in a healthy fashion, not by starvation. These posts aren't meant to have people under eat, and if you go back through them, I did mention to one knottie that she needs to eat more. Its more of a lets make sure we are eating healthy. Its not a diet, its a life style choice too btw.
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]
    I definitely appreciate that and i can't say that i've seen every post but i have seen some that just to me stood out as bad.  i don't mean to attack you or anyone specifically, i apologize if that's how i'm coming off, again, it's more of a concern than anything else and just wanted to make sure it was spoken of
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_thirst-thursday-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:ab623dc4-df7f-4f48-b8a2-3dea1b5e77abPost:d3cd40e4-cee2-4ca4-a162-fb68820589bb">Re: Thirsty Thursday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thirsty Thursday Accountability : Also, stop using the word diet. I am not on a diet, same with half the people that post on the accountability threads. I am tracking to stay healthy. If I feel I want a shake from McDonald's I look it up on MFP. That makes my decision and I pass and get fruit or veggies instead. Every 3000 cals consumed at once is a lb gained. We don't use TK to track calories, we use TK to keep accountable of what we eat and make it public so people can say, hey, thats not good for you. Most use calorie counting websites. Look at my post yesterday to the knottie that keeps eating Healthy Choice for dinner, those are horrible for you. They say they are "healthy" but are full of preservatives and other additives to make them taste "good".
    again, apologies.....  i agree, for me it was a lifestyle change and not a diet specifically, i still eat what i want as well.  really didn't mean to offend, just concerned.  i'll stick my nose out of this from now on
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_thirst-thursday-accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:ab623dc4-df7f-4f48-b8a2-3dea1b5e77abPost:d3cd40e4-cee2-4ca4-a162-fb68820589bb">Re: Thirsty Thursday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thirsty Thursday Accountability : Also, stop using the word diet. I am not on a diet, same with half the people that post on the accountability threads. I am tracking to stay healthy. If I feel I want a shake from McDonald's I look it up on MFP. That makes my decision and I pass and get fruit or veggies instead. Every 3000 cals consumed at once is a lb gained. We don't use TK to track calories, we use TK to keep accountable of what we eat and make it public so people can say, hey, thats not good for you. Most use calorie counting websites. Look at my post yesterday to the knottie that keeps eating Healthy Choice for dinner, those are horrible for you. They say they are "healthy" but are full of preservatives and other additives to make them taste "good".

I agree with Stina.  If you look at it as a diet, it automatically allows you to give it an end date.  I'm going to diet until my wedding... whereas if you look at it as a healthy lifestyle change, you can make the commit to it being longterm/forever. 

You can consumer your calories from a lot of different sources.  I could eat 1200 calories of ice cream a day and never workout.  Is it healthy? Heck no.  Will I lose weight- possibly. The accountability helps us all to make better choices.  I certainly don't think I'd go and eat a gallon of ice cream and post it on here.  I'd rather make that better choice and post it and be proud!
  • Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    MFP says I should eat 1440 calories per day based on my height and weight loss goals.  I am 5'8".  I have 7 inches on Stina.  Anyone who reads these threads and thinks that this is what they should be doing is a moron (no offense to all the people out there who model their eating habits after a stranger on an internet board).  I understand that I need to eat more than petite women, but less than my 6'3" coworker who runs marathons.  

• Options
    I'm just gonna say that I am most likely the bride that Stina was referring to about not eating enough calories. Honestly, part of the problem was that I was logging in the morning - and I don't plan my meals for the day. I'm also pushing myself to not eat as many of the frozen meals, because the amount of preservatives and sodium is just... ridiculous. 

So honestly, I've been using this board (although I haven't been posting on it as much) to make healthier choices - and making sure I'm eating enough. I know that if I get a workout in that day, I'll have to consume more calories than on days when I'm sedentary. I know that my calorie count is different than others (my intake should be 1200, based on my weight loss goals), but it definitely helps to see what others are eating throughout the day. Helps give me meal ideas, too! 
  • Options
    B: Latte and a third of a protein bar [200 calories] L: Black bean soup, veggie protein, popcorn with the soup. [550 cals] D: On my own again tonight. Thinking something with fried tofu, baby corn and sweet peppers. E: Still can't, muscle strain means I'm out of the gym until it heals. :[
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Also want to add my 0.02 on the MFP calorie intake commentary. I'm 5'5", vegetarian and hypoglycemic. I have to keep careful track of my food intake to ensure I'm getting enough protein, fat, and essential vitamins. I structure my diet and calorie intake to make sure I can keep up with my fiance in the gym. Dieting can be dangerous when used by the uneducated, but most of us ARE using it because we understand it helps us with maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards