New Jersey

Sit-Down Lunch, McLoone's Boathouse-Advice Needed!

Hello beautiful brides-to-be!

I need some advice! We are having a very small outdoor wedding at Verona Park with only our immediate family (16 guests total) and are then hosting a sit-down lunch at McLoone's Boathouse in West Orange, NJ.  I am struggling with whether or not this would feel "special" enough. We will be in our own, semi-private area which will be nice. We decided that it would be best to have everyone order from the regular menu since it would give them more options than their actual "private party" options.

We are having a cupcake tower delivered in lieu of a cake so we will at least have that "tradition" of cake but I'm worried that it won't feel "reception enough". I was thinking that we'd order a few bottles of wine for the table and do a toast as well.

Any other thoughts on how to make it feel "wedding-like"? I think i'm overthinking this, as it will still be a special day but any other ideas would be welcomed! :-)
(I also posted this on the Budget Weddings Board but figured I'd post to my local board as well).
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sit-Down Lunch, McLoone's Boathouse-Advice Needed!

• Honestly, I think you are overthinking it. I looked into McLoone's for our reception where we would have used the back two rooms on the left, but the remainder of the restaurant would be functioning as a regular restaurant - and I felt this would have been fine for 100+ guests.

Since there are 16 guests, it is more of a private feel and you don't need to do anything to make it more than what it is. Those 16 guests and you and your  new husband are totally enough to make it a special event.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• You're right Sew..I tend to overthink things too much! :-) Thanks for briging me back to reality! Lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sure it will be beautiful - the Boat House is a nice place. I love the modern/nautical decor. Enjoy!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I really like your idea. I want a park wedding and just yesterday was looking at Verona Park. Did not know where to eat afterwards...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards